shes failed a test.Its not about bitterness, but it should be equal and fair | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 11 '19
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison is willing to meet with the NFL to discuss an alleged link to performance-enhancing drugs -- but only five days after a deadline the league has imposed while threatening him and three other players with indefinite suspensions. Nike Vapormax Wholesale .NFL Players Association attorney Heather McPhee sent a letter to the NFL on Thursday, accusing it of trying to bully and publicly shame Harrison without offering evidence beyond a brief mention in television interview last year that was recanted by the accuser.When it came down to it, (if) I got the suspension, the bigger outcome wasnt really worth it, Harrison said after the Steelers 17-0 home exhibition loss to Philadelphia on Thursday night. I wouldnt be on the team, it would hurt the team, it would hurt my teammates and coaches, so it was easier to do the interview.Green Bays Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, and free-agent Mike Neal also were threatened with suspensions. It was not immediately known if a similar meeting was being proposed by the union.Im just glad the process is moving forward, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy said after the Packers 20-12 home victory over Oakland on Thursday night. As already has been stated, as an organization, we support Clay and Julius. And were looking to get this resolved as soon as possible.The leagues deadline for cooperation from the four players is Aug. 25. McPhees letter says Harrison would meet with the NFL at 5 p.m. on Aug. 30 at the teams facility, and would only discuss the portion of the Al-Jazeera interview that mentioned the 14-year veteran.In the report, Charlie Sly, who worked as an intern at an anti-aging clinic, made claims of PED use against several athletes, including the four linebackers. Sly later recanted his claims.Is the NFL aware of any credible evidence -- other than the recanted remarks by one individual shown by Al-Jazeera -- that indicates that there is any validity to the remarks about Mr. Harrison? McPhee wrote to Adolpho Birch, the NFLs senior vice president for labor policy and league affairs.NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league has yet to respond to the letter.Retired quarterback Peyton Manning also was cited in the report, but the NFL cleared him after a separate investigation in which the former Indianapolis and Denver star granted interviews and provided all records sought by league investigators.Harrison is a longtime leader for the Steelers. Matthews and Peppers are key cogs in the Packers defense, and Neal spent the past six seasons with Green Bay.Harrison said he assumes the meeting will take place in Pittsburgh, but he said he wasnt sure about the date. Harrison added the team didnt approach him about his decision.Theyre asking me about PEDs, so ask away, Harrison said. You can ask me about PEDs. I never took a PED in my life and I never failed a drug test. Its simple. Whatever evidence they think they may have or reasoning for questioning is out of my control.Harrison said he wouldnt have a problem with filming the proceedings.Ive been prosecuted and persecuted publicly in the media by them for something I didnt do, so I dont see why we couldnt have the media there to do a live interview, Harrison said. They can ask me questions and I can answer them and yall can see whatever evidence they say theyve got or dont have.Harrison isnt sure what to expect from the interview.I answered all the questions that were in the Al-Jazeera that were in my affidavit, so I have no clue, Harrison said.The NFL first notified the four players Jan. 11 about the investigation into the Al-Jazeera report.Birchs memo to the union said suspensions would start the day after the Aug. 25 deadline, and would end at the discretion of Commissioner Roger Goodell once interviews had been completed.The four players have steadfastly refused to be interviewed without what they call credible evidence. Earlier this week, Harrison reiterated that he would be willing to meet at his house with Goodell.Affidavits were sent by the NFLPA on behalf of the players to substitute for the interviews, but Birch dismissed them as inadequate.Despite the NFLs embarrassing refusal to thoughtfully consider the fair question and viewpoint of a man who has performed his job in a public arena at the highest level for over fifteen years, Mr. Harrison has decided that he will act as the more professional entity in this situation, McPhee wrote before adding that Harrison would make himself available.Goodells power to punish players has been a contentious issue between the NFL and the union in recent years, highlighted by the Deflategate case against the Patriots that resulted in a four-game suspension of quarterback Tom Brady case and that of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who went to court to fight his suspension over allegations of child abuse.He can do whatever he wants, Harrison said about Goodell. Thats just the collective bargaining agreement that the players signed. Thats why the Steelers voted no.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Vapormax Plus Cheap . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. Vapormax For Sale .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. http://www.wholesalevapormax.com/ . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action.Paula Radcliffe is sceptical whether Russia has done enough to clean up its drug-testing programme in time for the Olympics. The marathon world record holder has also questioned if Russian athletes would know how to train without cheating if allowed back for the Rio Games in August.The Russian track and field federation was suspended in November after an independent report by a World Anti-Doping Agency panel alleged systematic corruption and doping cover-ups in Russia.The WADA investigation followed allegations made in a documentary by German broadcaster ARD.The IAAF has laid down a series of criteria for Russia to meet before they can be eligible for re-admission. The international governing body, headed by Sebastian Coe, is scheduled to hold a news conference on Friday after a two-day meeting of its ruling council.ARD aired another documentary Sunday, in which a Russian coach was accused of continuing to train athletes while he serves an IAAF suspension.The programme alleged another coach offered banned substances for sale and that the acting head of the Russian anti-doping agency had allowed an unidentified athlete to reschedule a supposedly no-notice drug test.Radcliffe spoke of her shock at watching ARDs very damaging revelations. Russian shock WADA dismayed by claims of doping violations in Russia The 42-year-old, who retired in April 2015, said: It doesnt seem a lot has changed. So if the decision was being made now, based on that and Im not privy to whatever information the IAAF have then I would say no, not enough has been done.I think everybody had some suspicions but not that it was on that scale, and so supported by the state, and so much the norm.If they are allowed back in and theyy do come back in clean, I doubt whether therell be that much performance there because I doubt whether they actually know how to train without cheating. Cheap Nike Vapormax China. Its a tough job to move it forward and get the changes through. If the sport all pulls together and actually tries to proactively do something in the right direction, were going to get a lot further than if we all sit here and go Its terrible. What a mess. We dont want Coe in there. Paula Radcliffe stepped down from competing in athletics in April 2015 Radcliffe, a three-time winner of the New York and London marathons, is a member of the IAAFs athletes commission.On Thursday, she threw her support behind a drive to get Russias track federation to refund all prize money and appearance fees of athletes whose results have been nullified for doping offenses since 2009.They should have to repay what theyve essentially stolen so it can be redistributed to the athletes who should have won it, Radcliffe added.Radcliffe felt she was implicated during a British Parliamentary hearing last August into allegations levelled by British and German media of rampant blood doping in endurance events. She was cleared of any wrongdoing.On comparisons with the case of Maria Sharapova, who admitted to failing a drugs test on Monday, Radcliffe said: I hadnt actually done anything wrong. But shes failed a test.Its not about bitterness, but it should be equal and fair across the board across all sports. Also See: IAAF Ennis-Hill has doubts over Russian athletes UKADA takes control of Russian testing WADA dismayed by latest revelationsWholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: