were able to stay in the game. ... The Cubs road trip continues Friday night | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 7 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- An Olympic champion yet again, Kayla Harrison now has a chance to become an even bigger star. Chaussure Under Armour Pas Cher .Harrison earned her second straight gold medal in judo on Thursday, winning the 78-kilogram category at the Rio de Janeiro Games. After the bout, she was asked about turning her attention to a professional career in mixed martial arts.She wouldnt say.Im just going to focus on being two-time Olympic champion and decide about punching people in the face at a later date, said Harrison, a friend of MMA star Ronda Rousey.Harrison said she has received multiple offers from various organizations asking her to fight in MMA competitions but has so far turned them all down. Her coach, Jimmy Pedro, said he doubted that she would turn pro, adding she was too nice of a person to do mixed martial arts.After Harrison won the Olympic title in London, she vowed to retire from the competitive grind of the Japanese martial art. She wanted to focus on other things, like becoming a firefighter.That goal, however, kind of dissolved after the last games, she said. She is now planning to spend more time working on her foundation, Fearless, which aims to help victims of sexual abuse. Harrison herself endured years of sexual abuse by a previous judo coach.Harrison became the first American to defend an Olympic judo title when she forced Audrey Tcheumeo of France to tap out in the final.With just six seconds left in an otherwise scoreless final, Harrison trapped Tcheumeo in a move that threatened to break her arm, forcing her to submit and handing the American an automatic ippon victory.This is my legacy, Harrison said. I retire as a two-time Olympic champ, one of the greatest the sport has ever seen.Earlier, Harrison won two preliminary fights within minutes after pinning her opponents to the mat for 20 seconds.Tchumeo advanced to the final by beating Myra Aguiar of Brazil. Harrison and Aguiar had been expected to meet in the final.Judo is a sport where the margin of error is slim to none, Pedro said. For Kayla to (defend her title), really is epic.Aguiar and Anamari Velensek won bronze medals.In the mens 100-kilogram division, Lukas Krpalek of the Czech Republic won the countrys first judo gold after defeating Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan.The mens bronze medals were won by Cyrille Maret of France and Ryunosoke Haga of Japan. Under Armour Destockage . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Under Armour Moins Cher . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. http://www.underarmourpascher.fr/ .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night.PITTSBURGH -- It was hard to tell whether the Pittsburgh Pirates were heading on a road trip or getting ready for a Stanley Cup playoff game after beating the Chicago Cubs 4-2 on Thursday for their fourth straight win. All of the Pirates players and coaches wore Pittsburgh Penguins replica jerseys as they got ready to embark on a road trip to Milwaukee and Detroit. The Penguins even sent a custom-made No. 13 sweater to manager Clint Hurdle. The Penguins lead the Ottawa Senators 3-1 in their best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal. "Theres nothing much like playoff hockey," Hurdle said. "Were just getting into the spirit." Utility infielder Brandon Inge took things one step farther before the game, arriving in the Pirates clubhouse dressed in a full hockey uniform and rollerblades. "Its something fun, something to change things up a little bit during a long season. Plus, weve got to support our boys," said Pirates second baseman Neil Walker, a Pittsburgh-area native. The Pirates won for the 11th time in 13 games as Andrew McCutchen had three hits and two RBIs. Leadoff hitter Starling Marte singled and scored in each of the first two innings as Pittsburgh built an early 4-0 lead. The Pirates moved a season-best 11 games over .500. "Were playing good baseball and I dont think weve reached our ceiling yet," McCutchen said. "The pitching has been good all year but the hitting has kind of been up and down. The bats are eventually going to come around and we should be even better when that happens." The Cubs lost their fourth in a row. Edwin Jackson (1-7) gave up two runs in the first inning and two more in the second. He gave up six hits and struck out six in three innings and has a 6.11 ERA through 10 starts. "I got beat with men on base with balls up in the zone," Jackson said. "I had some times when I got it down but in vital situations when I needed to keep the ball down I wasnt doing that, and that pretty much sums up the game." Jackson is in his first season with the Cubs after signing a four-year, $52 million contract over the winter as a free agent. "I think at times he tries too hard to justify his contract and overthrows,&quoot; Chicago manager Dale Sveum said. Acheter Basket Under Armour. "I think he needs to relax and just be Edwin Jackson, the guy we liked enough to sign." Reliever Vin Mazzaro (3-0) pitched 2 1-3 scoreless innings. He replaced starter Jeanmar Gomez in the fourth inning following a rain delay of 1 hour, 47 minutes. "I knew about a half-hour before the delay ended that I was going to come in to pitch, but you never know how the long the delay might last, so I tried to stay as prepared as possible," Mazzaro said. "I felt like I was ready to go." Gomez allowed one run and three hits in 3 2-3 innings. "I thought I had really good stuff today and control of all my pitches," Gomez said. "Then it started raining hard and that was it. I think I could have pitched a lot longer but Im frustrated about it. You cant do anything about the rain." Jason Grilli pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning and is a perfect 19-for-19 in save opportunities. Marte led off the bottom of the first inning with a single, stole second with one out and scored on McCutchens single. McCutchen stole second and scored on Michael McKenrys single. Marte singled in the second and scored on Travis Sniders triple that rolled to the 410-foot notch in left-centre field. McCutchen added his second RBI single. The Cubs got a run in the fourth when David DeJesus led off with a double and scored on Anthony Rizzos grounder. The Cubs had runners on the corners when two outs when play was halted, but Mazzaro got Welington Castillo to hit an inning-ending groundout after the delay. Chicago cut the deficit to 4-2 in the seventh with Darwin Barney singling in Castillo, who had walked. NOTES: Jackson was struck in the rear end by a line drive off the bat of Marte in the second inning. Castro jammed his right ankle while being thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double in the sixth inning by RF Travis Snider. Both Chicago players were able to stay in the game. ... The Cubs road trip continues Friday night at Cincinnati with RHP Scott Feldman (4-3, 2.19) facing Reds RHP Bronson Arroyo (4-4, 3.28). ... RHP A.J. Burnett (3-4, 2.57) is scheduled to start for Pittsburgh at Milwaukee against RHP Marco Estrada (3-2, 5.44). Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball JerseysHockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: