Butler were on the court together. Both also wanted the ball in their hands | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 4 '19
Karnataka 414 (Gautam 63*, Agarwal 56, Nair 53, Samarth 53, Sood 4-80) beat Delhi 90 (Aravind 4-12, Gowtham 3-26) and 164 (Sood 41*, Gowtham 5-35) by an innings and 160 runsScorecardDelhis coach KP Bhaskar lamented how batsmen these days, particularly in domestic cricket, undermined the use of technique in search of flexibility. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Back in our days, technique was most important. Then came potential, and fitness was third. Today, technique has gone to number three. On Saturday, the third day in Kolkata, his batsmen did not do much to disprove that theory as Karnataka won by an innings and 160 runs to walk away with seven points. That Delhi were nearly bowled out twice in under a session each time, even as Karnataka stacked up 414 showed the Eden Gardens surface was not to blame for the batting debacle. This was a classic case of what Daljit Singh, BCCIs chief curator, termed the middle wicket that assisted seamers early on, eased out for batsmen to make merry and then took turn. By being bowled out for 90 in the first innings, Delhi did not give themselves a chance to make best use of the surface, where as many as five Karnataka batsmen made half-centuries.If it was S Aravind, who ran through Delhis line-up in a fine exhibition of seam bowling in the first innings, offspinner K Gowtham, playing in only his second first-class game in nearly four years, did the bulk of the damage on Saturday. That he had the luxury of attacking fields helped him lure the batsmen repeatedly with flight. And batsmen fell into the trap of trying to break free. The end result was a maiden five-wicket haul.After a failure in the first innings, this was an opportunity for Gautam Gambhir to knuckle down and bat long. If match time was what he wanted, he could not have asked for a better challenge. Abhimanyu Mithun, darting the ball both ways, and Aravind, coming off a four-for in the first innings, tested Gambhirs front-foot play. But three plays and misses later, he poked at an away-going delivery that was gobbled at second slip by Robin Uthappa. Mithun had two in two when he got a ball to deviate late to square up Dhruv Shorey and hit the top of off stump.Nitish Rana held fort briefly for 28 runs, but was foxed by a straighter one from Gowtham. Delhis lack of application and match awareness increasingly became visible when Rishabh Pant, coming off a triple-century in the previous game against Maharashtra in Mumbai, started with a six, but fell soon after when he was sucked into a drive that carried to second slip. Unmukt Chand, the vice-captain, tried to fetch a slog sweep from outside off, only to top-edge to Karun Nair at first slip. At 94 for 7, there was a possibility of the match finishing before lunch.That they just managed to stretch it beyond was largely due to Karnataka switching off briefly as the interval approached. It took them little over 10 overs into the second session to wrap up the match, when Aravind, quite fittingly, had the final wicket when the ball beat Pawan Suyals slog to send the off stump on a cartwheel. Varun Sood swung his way to 41 not out in the interim, when Delhi needed to bat out 180 overs to save the game. NFL Jerseys Store . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.info/ .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. CHICAGO -- For all the jokes about loading up for a run at the 2011 championship, give the Chicago Bulls this: Next season wont be a dull one.They got a whole lot more interesting by adding Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade this week.We didnt want to go into an absolute rebuild, but we did want to get younger and we did want to get more athletic, general manager Gar Forman said. And at the same time, we want to be able to compete and put as good a team as we can out there on the floor.Wade is finally coming to Chicago after turning them down six years ago to stay in Miami and form a Big Three with LeBron James and Chris Bosh.As good as Wade is, he is also 34 years old. At 30, Rondo is not exactly young by NBA standards, either. So for Formans talk about a youth movement, the additions raised a few eyebrows and led to some quips about building a contender for 2010-11 season.Rondos deal became official on Thursday. While the Bulls did not announce the terms, a person with knowledge of the negotiations previously told The Associated Press that the four-time All-Star agreed to a $30 million, two-year deal.Wade is coming home to Chicago after 13 seasons, 12 All-Star selections and three championships with Miami. He agreed to a two-year contract worth about $47 million -- $7 million more than the Heat offered -- on Wednesday night. While Forman would not discuss Wade because the deal had not been announced, he did talk about the direction of a transitioning franchise that missed the playoffs for the first time in eight years.Former MVP Derrick Rose was traded to the Knicks before the draft and he will be joined by Joakim Noah. Pau Gasol is headed to San Antonio. Coach Fred Hoibergs freewheeling offense will now get Wade and Rondo, who is three years older than Rose.We didnt want to rebuild where we become possibly a lower lottery team long term, Forman said. Weve studied the NBA, weve studied the history of the NBA, and when you make a move to go that direction, it sometimes can take six, seven years to get out. That wasnt our goal.Rondo is known as an intelligent player who also has a history of clashing with coaches, most notably Rick Carlisle in Dallas.I think a lot of it is perception, Rondo said. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online. Not to knock anything -- you make the bed, youve got to lay in it.The question is: Just what are the Bulls getting into? After all, Hoiberg got called out last year in his first season by All-Star Jimmy Butler, and the Bulls just added a player with a checkered history when it comes to getting along with coaches.Is Rondo different now?I think Im the same player, he said. Youd probably consider me stubborn. But I think Im really intelligent. I put a lot of work into this game. I dont B.S. around about my craft; I put a lot of work in. I watch a lot of film. I study. People may look at it as a knock, but I really look at it as what makes me great.He said he doesnt lose sleep over his reputation. But the Bulls at least had some questions about it before they decided to sign him.We were very honest and transparent, as was he, in our conversations, as far as how he would fit with this team and how he would fit within the culture that weve created here, Forman said. We thought the dialogue was really, really positive.Rondo had a sort of resurgence this past season with Sacramento, averaging 11.9 points and an NBA-best 11.7 assists. It was the fourth season in which he averaged a double-double and the first since 2012-13, when he made his fourth All-Star team with the Celtics. Wade averaged 19 points.But some of the biggest issues that brought down the Bulls last season remain. One is that they still dont have a guard who consistently hits from long range.That was a problem when Rose and Butler were on the court together. Both also wanted the ball in their hands.Then again, Rondo won a championship with Boston in 2008. Wade, the Chicago-area native, is bringing three rings home from Miami.The Bulls also figure to have the cap space to sign a star next summer in what could be a loaded class with stars such as Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook and Blake Griffin.We think weve got a lot of positives to sell, but obviously the more good players we attract, its going to help attract players down the road, Forman said. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Share: