from Warwickshire, shared the new ball with McKay but neither could | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 26 '18
CHASKA, Minn. Discount Nike Air Max 2019 . -- The United States won its first Ryder Cup since 2008, and its first on home soil since 1999, this past weekend at Hazeltine National Golf Club. It was the successful culmination of a two-year process of revamping the program after the disappointment at Gleneagles in 2014.Our panel of experts weighs in on all things Ryder Cup in this weeks edition of Monday Four-Ball.1.?Who were the MVPs for each team?SportsCenter anchor Jonathan Coachman:?For the U.S., this is easy: Patrick Reed. I have never seen a player accept the pressure of the Ryder Cup and flourish as he did. But more than that, he became a superstar who has figured out how to embrace the moment and become a likable heel character. If you want to become a star, you have to connect with the fans. Reed is now that guy. For Europe, it was clear that?Rory McIlroy?was the leader of the team and will be for the next 15 years. He played incredible golf and also embraced giving it right back to the crowd. He was brilliant.ESPN.com senior golf analyst Michael Collins:?Reed was definitely the star for the American side. I believe Rafa Cabrera Bello earned MVP status for the Europeans.ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig:?Reed went 3-1-1 for the best U.S. record and was the teams emotional force. He also took down McIlroy in singles, a bigger aspect to the victory than it appears given the overall margin. Reed is now 6-1-2 in nine career Ryder Cup matches. For Europe, it was Belgian Thomas Pieters, who formed a strong partnership with McIlroy and earned the most points for Europe by going 4-1. Its tough to believe the former University of Illinois golfer was a debated captains pick.ESPN.com senior golf writer Jason Sobel:?Well, the first is an easy one: Captain America himself, Reed, was the U.S. MVP. For Europe, I know Pieters had a better record, but McIlroy was the best player and team leader. He gets my vote.2.?What was the biggest surprise from the 41st Ryder Cup?Coachman:?My biggest surprise was Bubba Watson. Yes, Bubba. I said on my radio show that there is no way U.S. captain Davis Love III should allow Watson to be a vice captain. I thought he would be a distraction because he would be upset that he wasnt playing. Boy, was I wrong. Brandt Snedeker gave Watson all the credit for his singles match victory, saying that Bubba was in his ear the entire day and took every step with him. I congratulate Watson, who completely turned around my perception of him without even playing.Collins:?I was surprised how little European captain?Darren Clarke?used Matthew Fitzpatrick and Andy Sullivan. The big course excuse doesnt fly when Zach Johnson was on the U.S. squad.Harig:?The poor play of Martin Kaymer. The 2014 U.S. Open champion was the one who clinched the Cup for Europe at Medinah in 2012. He needed a captains pick this time, and were it not for what turned out to be a meaningless singles win over?Matt Kuchar, when the Cup was already clinched by the U.S., Kaymer would not have earned a point.Sobel:?I guess this shouldnt have been a surprise, but the home crowd was completely and totally into it. Obviously, the 0.1 percent minority who were being idiots and yelling dumb things at players got a lot of attention, but the 99.9 percent majority was jubilant and loud. They deserve the attention over the fans who received more of it.3.?How much does the win validate the Ryder Cup task force?Coachman:?It completely validates it. The word family was used a lot. And what that means is that you can fight and claw and still get along. No one was bigger than the team. Everyone bought in, and I think if they can continue this it will be a magical run. The job now is to start to include younger guys who will force their way onto the team because of their play. And they need to be allowed to do that.Collins:?I dont know that it validates the task force. If the U.S. had lost, would it have negated the task force? I dont believe that. What it does prove is that Team Europes model, which the task force borrowed from, works.Harig:?The Americans will tell you it was validated regardless of the outcome because a plan is in place that will guarantee continuity for years to come. But winning certainly?helps quell all the negativity, as the task force was often ridiculed.Sobel:?This completely validates everything the task force did. I know it was a punchline for much of the past two years, but the planning and strategy were obvious in the overall result. Without having the players fully invested, I dont think it wouldve meant as much to them.4.?Who should be the next U.S. Ryder Cup captain?Coachman:?I think it will be Tom Lehman. The Europeans like to have their next captain be a part of the previous team. Lehman is the only one of this years U.S. assistants who would fit that bill. Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk or even Steve Stricker will want to actually play on the team if they can. We will see.Collins:?I wrote about who the next four captains should be! Check it out here.Harig:?If you go by how the task force laid out the plan for the future, it will be Furyk. He was a Presidents Cup assistant last year as well as an assistant at the Ryder Cup. You can expect him to be an assistant for Stricker at the Presidents Cup next year. Furyk has played on numerous U.S. teams. It sets him up to get the gig in France.Sobel:?Ill do better than that. Here are the next 10: Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson, Phil Mickelson and Phil Mickelson. I really think once Phil gets in charge, hell hold the position in perpetuity. As for Woods, hell be more than content to make behind-the-scenes decisions and walk the fairways with an earpiece without having to deal with the media and other responsibilities. Cheap Air Max 2019 China . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Nike Air Max 2019 For Sale . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. http://www.wholesaleairmax2019.com/ . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Gloucestershire 69 for 0 trail Leicestershire 334 (Dexter 136, McKay 55, Cosgrove 54, Norwell 4-72) by 265 runsScorecard Leicestershire have decided against replacing Keith Piper on their coaching staff after the surprise announcement that the former Warwickshire wicketkeeper has left the club by mutual consent.Pipers responsibilities as elite development coach under the direction of elite performance director Andrew McDonald will pass to Pierre de Bruyn, who is currently 2nd XI and assistant skills coach, with academy director Nic Pothas becoming more involved with the 2nd XI.Leicester-born Piper, who was part of Warwickshires treble-winning team in 1994, worked with the county last season and impressed enough to be appointed as McDonalds number two in October but, according to the club, domestic distractions have impacted on his effectiveness this season.Chief executive Wasim Khan said: It is a blow for us to lose Keith because he had done very well but unfortunately he has had some family issues and it just wasnt working out.Leicestershire would have had no shortage of applicants had they decided to advertise for a replacement for Piper, who also broke his ankle earlier this season during warm-ups on the second day of the tour match against the Sri Lankans. Graeme Welch, who recently quit as Derbyshires elite performance director, Chris Adams and Kadeer Ali, the brother of England allrounder Moeen Ali, might have been candidates.But Khan said Leicestershire would not be approaching anyone to fill the vacancy. With the staff we have we feel we can cover for Keiths loss, he said. Pierre and Nic will each move up a level and everyone will pitch in to cover any gaps.Rain restricted play to 45.3 overs on the second day of the Championship match against Gloucestershire at Grace Road but there was long enough for Leicestershire to turn their overnight 252 for 7 to 334 all out, which they would probably feel was a reasonable outcome, givven that the visitors chose to bowl first. Wholesale Air Max 2019. Neil Dexter and Clint McKay, the not out batsmen overnight, extended their eighth-wicket partnership to 86 before Dexter fell on 136 to a fine catch at second slip off Liam Norwell, who then accounted for McKay when the Australian pace bowler, who had hit seven fours and two sixes in an aggressive run-a-ball 55, skied an attempt to launch another maximum.The benefits the pairs experience brought to the innings underlined Khans belief that Leicestershire can be promotion contenders this season only a year after ending a 37-match winless streak and finishing in last place three seasons in a row.We went into this match in joint third place and although the fact that only one team is promoted this season makes it more of a challenge we are ambitious, he said. We feel we have a competitive side this year with some depth in the squad.The new signings - Paul Horton, Neil Dexter and Mark Pettini - have made a difference. They were on a list of targets we identified as having experience but also plenty of cricket in them and we were delighted that they all had belief in our vision and were hungry for the challenge. They were all offered new deals by their own counties but chose to join us.The younger guys on the staff have been through the mill and the confidence among the batsmen in particular had taken some knocks.But with the older players already here we now have a core of about five or six senior members of the squad who are leaders on and off the field.Gloucestershire will resume on 69 without loss. Richard Jones, back at Grace Road for his second spell on loan from Warwickshire, shared the new ball with McKay but neither could make a breakthrough against Chris Dent and Gareth Roderick on a pitch that looked to have settled down as a good batting surface. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Share: