Utah starting cornerback Dominique Hatfield played in his first game | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 19 '18
PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies batters couldnt build on one good game. Wholesale Football Jerseys Authentic .Philadelphia managed just three hits in Thursday nights 9-3 loss to Tom Koehler and the Miami Marlins.It was the fourth loss in five games for the Phillies, who have combined for 13 hits and six runs in those defeats.Ive been concerned about the hitting the whole year, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said. Its a constant issue that we have to improve upon. At this point it boils down to getting hits and scoring runs and were just not doing it.The Phillies pounded out 12 hits in their lone win in the four-game set, Wednesdays 4-1 victory.Ryan Howard and Freddy Galvis homered on Thursday, but the Phillies managed little else against Tom Koehler and Mike Dunn.Koehler pitched eight strong innings, Ichiro Suzuki moved within four hits of reaching 3,000 for his career and the Marlins had 16 hits.Koehler (7-8) rebounded from a month-long slump with arguably his best outing of the season. He gave up two hits and only one of his three runs allowed was earned while striking out five and walking one while tying his career-high for innings. The right-hander had been 0-2 with a 7.36 ERA in his last five outings and hadnt gone more than five innings in any of his previous four starts.Step in the right direction, Koehler said. Were playing great baseball and Im happy Im able to contribute. I was trying to get back to what makes me who I am. I needed to pitch better than I have been and I did that tonight.His Phillies counterpart, Jerad Eickhoff (6-11), had one of his worst outings of the season, matching season-worsts for innings pitch and hits allowed. He gave up six runs -- five earned -- on nine hits in five innings with six strikeouts and no walks.The funny thing is I thought I executed a lot of good pitches, Eickhoff said. Theres a couple times I got behind and had to make a pitch over the plate a little more and that kind of hurt me. They did some good damage to those pitches.Christian Yelich homered for the Marlins, who won three of four over the Phillies to cap a seven-game road trip 5-2. Miami moved 1 1/2 games ahead of the idle Mets for the second wild-card spot in the National League. The Marlins return home for an important 10-game series that begins on Friday night against the Mets.The Marlins gave Koehler a big lead in the fourth.Miami battered Eickhoff for four runs on four hits -- all extra-base -- to take a 4-0 lead.Yelich led off with an opposite-field shot, tying his career-high with his ninth homer of the season. RBI doubles by Chris Johnson and Adeiny Hechavarria and Jeff Mathis groundout also plated runs in the frame.Just put good swings on good pitches to hit and good things happen, Yelich said.The Phillies got a pair of runs back in the bottom of the frame on Howards two-out homer that broke up Koehlers no-hit bid. The opposite-field shot gave Howard 14 for the season and 371 for his career, moving him out of a tie with Gil Hodges for 77th all-time.The Marlins got those runs back in the top of the fifth. Singles by Martin Prado and Yelich to start the frame put runners on first and third. Prado scored on Eickhoffs wild pitch and Yelich reached when shortstop Galvis threw the ball away trying to get Yelich out at third on Derek Dietrichs infield single.Miami added three runs on five hits in the eighth off Daniel Stumpf. Marcell Ozuna had a two-run single and Koehler recorded his second RBI of the season with a single. Koehler is batting .097 with three hits in 31 at-bats.SUZUKI CLOSE TO 3KSuzuki hit an infield single in the third and a solid single to right-center in the eighth to bring his major-league total to 2,996. He is vying to become the 30th player all-time to reach 3,000 hits.Its been fun, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Hes a great guy to watch.The 42-year-old Suzuki joked that he had plenty of time to reach the milestone.Donny (Mattingly) said I was going to play for seven more years, Suzuki said through an interpreter. I should be able to get four more (hits) in seven years.STARTERS STREAK SNAPPEDEickhoffs outing halted Philadelphias starting pitchers streak of seven straight games with at least six innings. The last time Phillies starters had a streak as long was May 2014.YELICH LIKES PHILYYelich is batting .366 (34-for-93) in 22 career games at Philadelphias Citizens Bank Park.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: OF Aaron Altherr had his rehab assignment moved to Double-A Reading on Thursday. Altherr has been out all year after injuring his wrist in spring training.UP NEXTMarlins: Marlins LHP Adam Conley (6-5, 3.61) faces Mets RHP Logan Verrett (3-6, 4.21) to start a three-game series on Friday night in Miami.Phillies: RHP Zack Eflin (2-3, 4.14) takes the hill for Philadelphia to open a 10-game road trip against Pittsburghs Gerrit Cole (5-5, 3.11) on Friday night. Discount Football Jerseys . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Wholesale Football Jerseys . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.cheapfootballjerseysoutlet.com/ . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. SALT LAKE CITY -- Troy Williams grew up 15 miles from Southern Californias campus but said he wasnt recruited by the Trojans despite being ranked the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the country by Rivals. On Friday night, the Utah quarterback showed the storied program what it missed.Williams threw for 270 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another score in No. 24 Utahs 31-27 comeback victory over USC.The Utes roared back in spectacular fashion with Tim Patrick catching an 18-yard touchdown pass at the pylon with 16 seconds remaining to cap a 15-play, 93-yard drive. Patrick had his third 100-yard receiving game of the season.USC, thats my hometown, said Williams, who is from Carson, California. Growing up watching Reggie Bush, Carson Palmer and Mike Williams and all those dudes, just sitting at home watching on TV and imagining maybe one day Ill play with them or against them. Today was that day.The Trojans controlled most of the game and had a 27-17 fourth-quarter lead, but Utah (4-0, 1-0 Pac-12) scored 14 straight points. Coach Clay Helton decided to punt on fourth-and-3 from the Utah 37-yard line on the possession before the winning drive. USC fell to 1/3 for the first time since 2001.I thought it was tonight, said Helton when asked about getting over the hump. Ill be honest with you. I thought the attitude and the competitiveness was great. Im heartbroken for them. If they compete like they did tonight, theyre going to win a lot of games.Utah attempted to control the game on the ground early against the No. 98 run defense in the country, but USC tightened up and forced the Utes to win through the air.USCs Sam Darnold threw for 253 yards and ran for a touchdown in his first career start after replacing Max Browne.Refused to quit, just kept fighting the entire 60 minutes, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said. Made play after play affter play at the end there when we had to make plays. Cheap Jerseys From China. Nobody panicked. Just kept doing our thing.THE TAKEAWAYUSC: The Trojans are in serious trouble. There were already whispers that Helton was on the hot seat, but blowing a 10-point lead in the final quarter may solidify that. Darnold was an upgrade, but USC is now 0-2 in conference.UTAH: Friday was the first true test for the Utes and they passed -- barely. The run game started hot with 132 yards in the first half, but faded fast and continued to have ball-control issues with two fumbles. The defense allowed the most yards it has all season (466), but bowed up in the fourth quarter when the team absolutely needed it.INJURY UPDATEUtah starting cornerback Dominique Hatfield played in his first game of the year. Hed been sidelined with an undisclosed leg injury.The Utes lost 2015 first team All-Pac-12 tackle Lowell Lotulelei to an unknown injury before halftime and did not return.FANCYThe Utes wore new black helmets that were individually hand painted by an artist. The design mimics a granite texture and no two are identical as each has its own serial number painted on the helmet.POLL IMPLICATIONSUSC: The Trojans will continue to stay out of the poll. They didnt receive a single vote last week.Utah: The Utes could move up a couple spots depending on what happens in front of them because of a 4-0 start. A win over USC, however, wont get a lot of points from voters.QUOTABLEWatching them drive the ball down kind of crushed our soul, USC receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said.UP NEXTUSC: The Trojans return home to host Arizona State (3-0, 0-0) in a Pac-12 South showdown Oct. 1.UTAH: The Utes travel to face California (2-1, 0-0) in Pac-12 action on Oct. 1. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseyscheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseyscheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseyscheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: