Sox, who began the day trailing AL Centr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 12 '17
CHICAGO -- After nine seasons in Japan and three years in the minor leagues, Cubs starter Tsuyoshi Wada finally picked up that elusive first major league victory. Mark Duper Jersey . Wada (1-1) left little doubt to Monday nights outcome, pitching seven strong innings as the Chicago Cubs defeated the Colorado Rockies 4-1. "Im so happy for him," catcher John Baker said about Wadas first win. "Its great, when youre having a tough season like were having, to have little victories like that." In only his third career start in the majors, Wada cut through the Colorado lineup, allowing one run and five hits. It was a far cry from his last outing, when he lasted just four innings and gave up five runs in a loss to San Diego. The sole blemish on Wadas performance came in the sixth when the Rockies got three hits, capped by Nolan Arenados RBI single. "He executed pitches, got some big outs when he needed to and got out of traffic that developed late," manager Rick Renteria said. "He did a nice job and gave us some innings." The 33-year-old Wada won 107 games over nine seasons in Japan. He signed a two-year deal with the Baltimore Orioles two seasons ago but injured his elbow soon after joining the club and underwent undergo Tommy John surgery in May 2012. He signed with the Cubs in December 2013. "Its the second time I pitched in Chicago, so it was a little more relaxed," Wada said through a translator. "Im happy about this first win." Pedro Strop worked out of a jam in the eighth inning and Hector Rondon worked a perfect ninth for his 13th save in 16 chances. Yohan Flande (0-3) struck out eight in 6 2-3 innings. Those were his career bests in his fifth start. "Flande put us in position to win that game," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "We just couldnt put together a big inning." Flande faced the minimum through three innings, but the Cubs got to the Rockies starter for two runs in the fourth. Emilio Bonifacio led off with a single and Arismendy Alcantara doubled, setting up Rizzos RBI grounder and Justin Ruggianos sacrifice fly. Chicago added two more runs in the eighth against Nick Masset. Baker scored on an errant pickoff throw and Rizzo singled for his 58th RBI this season. TRAINERS ROOM Rockies: SS Troy Tulowitzki (left hip) underwent an acupuncture-like procedure in Philadelphia. ... 1B Justin Morneau (strained neck) was scheduled to a make a rehab start with the Triple-A Colorado Springs. Manager Walt Weiss said Morneau could return as soon as Tuesday, the first day hes eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list. ... LHP Boone Logan (intestinal condition) was also scheduled to make his first rehab appearance with Colorado Springs. Cubs: Renteria is encouraged by left-handed reliever Kyuji Fujikawas rehab assignment in Triple-A Iowa. "I can say that hes responding well after his outings," Renteria said. "Well continue to monitor and see where hes at. All indications, I can say that hes doing fine." Fujikawa, 34, underwent Tommy John surgery in June 2013. UP NEXT In the second game of the four-game series, Edwin Jackson (5-11, 5.68) starts for the Cubs on Tuesday night, looking for his first win since June 20. He will face Jorge De La Rosa (11-6, 4.19). GLOVEWORK The Rockies produced two phenomenal defensive plays. Third baseman Arenado showcased his skills in the sixth inning. On a hard hit ball by Alcantara, Arenado dived to his right, gloved the two-hopper and made a quick throw from his knees to get the speedy Alcantara at first. In the eighth inning with runners at the corners, shortstop Charlie Culberson made a diving stop up the middle, flipped the ball from his glove to second baseman D.J. LeMahieu, who then threw to first to complete the inning ending double play. Matt Moore Jersey . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kenny Stills Jersey .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- This was one time when C.J. Wilson didnt question manager Mike Scioscias decision to remove him from a game while an inning was in progress. Despite the fact that a bout with the flu had sapped his energy, he still was able to dominate the Chicago White Sox for 7 1-3 innings. Wilson bounced back strongly from his shortest outing of the season, taking a three-hit shutout into the eighth, and Josh Hamilton drove in three runs to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. Wilson (7-5) was charged with one run, struck out six, and was lifted after 107 pitches. Last Tuesday at Houston, the left-hander gave up five runs, six hits and five walks through 2 2-3 innings in a 7-2 loss. "I dont even remember what happened five days ago. Ive just been in a stupor," Wilson said "Ive been sick with the flu the last couple of days, so I didnt really have much in the tank. That was pretty much all I had. I wish could say that I could have gone nine today, or throw 130 pitches, but it just wasnt in the cards." Joe Smith relieved Wilson, giving up a double to pinch-hitter Alejandro De Aza, a run-scoring infield hit by pinch-hitter Conor Gillaspie and an RBI single by Adam Eaton before retiring Gordon Beckham in a double-play grounder. Ernesto Frieri got three outs for his 10th save. The White Sox concluded a nine-game stretch in Southern California in which they lost two of three to San Diego, won two of three against the Dodgers and were swept by the Angels thanks to Wilsons gem. "Wilson threw a great game. We didnt get anything going, and we were just flat," manager Robin Ventura said. "We just couldnt get anybody on base. And when we did, he got a couple of double-play balls that really just took the life out of any kind of rally." Chicago first baseman Jose Abreu started in the designated hitter role for the 10th time and was 0 for 4 with a pair of double-play grounders. A top contender for AL Rookie of the Year, he is 9 for 38 with four homers and 11 RBIs as a DH. "I think we held him in check the whole series, but I think we just sort of got him at a bad time," Wilson said. Jose Quintana (3-6) allowed four runs, seven hits and four walks through 4 1-3 innnings and struck out four. Dan Marino Jersey. It was the eighth time in the left-handers 13 starts that he left a game with fewer than three runs of support, and he is 0-6 in those outings. "It just seemed like Q was battling all the time with guys on base," Ventura said. "I mean, hell walk a few guys here and there, but today he was just falling behind and not really locating like he normally does." Quintana escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first when he retired Hamilton on a popup and struck out C.J. Cron. But Hamilton drove in the Angels first run with a two-out double in the third, then made it 3-0 in the fifth with a bases-loaded two-run single after Quintana walked cleanup hitter David Freese. Cron followed with an RBI single that chased the left-hander. "In situations with guys on base, the biggest thing is putting the ball in play," Hamilton said. "One time I didnt and two times I did. You do what you can to help the team win. Weve done a great job the last few games getting runners in scoring position with two outs." Freese, who had never drawn more than two walks in any of his 507 previous regular-season games in the major leagues, got a free pass all four times up -- all on 3-2 counts. That tied a franchise record for a nine-inning game, and was the first time it happened since May 18, 2013, when the White Sox walked Chris Iannetta four times. "We worked a lot of walks today. Freese had the force field going today," Wilson said. "Anytime you put that much pressure on the starting pitcher and knock him out before the fifth inning, thats good." NOTES: This was the Angels third series sweep this season, and Jered Weaver had recorded a victory in each of them. ... The Angels are batting .170 with the bases loaded (8 for 47). ... The last time Wilson faced the White Sox was May 17, 2013, when he lost his second 3-0 decision to Chris Sale in a span of six days. ... Wilson has pitched at least five innings in 12 of his 13 starts without allowing any fourth-inning runs. ... The White Sox, who began the day trailing AL Central-leading Detroit by four games, open a nine-game homestand Monday night with a four-game series against the Tigers. SS Alexei Ramirez leads the league with a .381 home batting average. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: