to have back, Dantonio said. So well look at it and evaluate it.TOUGH STARTMichigan State took a 14-0 lead in the first q | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Dec 12 '18
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Cheap New England Patriots Jerseys .J. -- Driving a car for more than 30 minutes, standing up straight for extended periods and getting into his football stance all had the same effect on New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul last season. It hurt, and it hurt a lot. The 2011 All Pro player disclosed on Saturday that he played last season in pain, and it didnt go away until he had disk surgery on his back in June. "A back is a really, really horrible thing to have, back surgery period and you dont want to rush back," Pierre-Paul said Saturday before the Giants held their first practice. "Im not concentrating on the first game, the second game, the third game, fourth game, fifth game, sixth game. Im just trying to come back when I feel like Im ready to come back." While he feels better now, the catalyst of the Giants defence is not sure whether he will be ready for the season opener at Dallas on Sept. 8, although that is his goal. The Giants have placed him on their active physically unable to perform list, leaving him to continue his rehabilitation. "Honestly my plan is to get better, come out here and be a big part of the team and try to get to the playoffs because thats where it starts to make a Super Bowl run," he said. "And be a better player than I was last year." To be honest, Pierre-Paul had a sub-par 2012 season. After recording 16 1/2 sacks in helping the Giants win the Super Bowl in 2011, he had 10 less last year as New York posted a 9-7 record and missed the post-season. To his credit, Pierre-Paul never talked about his back or how much it hurt. He tried to reduce the pain level by strengthening his core during the season, and he admitted taking three shots during the year to numb the pain. It didnt work and it showed on the field. Pierre-Paul was not as dominant as he had been the previous year, although many suspected that was because opponents were paying more attention to him with double-and-triple team blocking. "Like I said, I dont know how much my back had to do with it or whatever," said Pierre-Paul, who added the pain started two years ago and only got worse. "It was a constant pain when I got down in my stance. When we played a 4-3, I always have to be down, and the push off that was there, and the pain takes away a big part of it." Pierre-Paul said he disclosed the pain with the trainers and talked to the team doctors about it, but they recommended that he continue his core training. The pain seemed to disappear after the season ended, but it returned during minicamp. Thats when the disk problem was discovered and the surgery was performed. The disk problem had also caused him to lose strength in his right leg, tests showed according to Pierre-Paul. After less than two months of rehabilitation, Pierre-Paul feels hes at 75 per cent. "The whole discomfort is gone," said the first-round pick who is entering his fourth season. "When I sit down I dont have that pain any more. When I am standing up I dont have that pain. I can stand up straight. Basically everything is gone. Thats a good thing. I am doing pretty good." Pierre-Paul believes he can regain the explosiveness that made him one of the NFLs most-feared defenders. "Its all on me. How I rehab," he said. "I am trying to get my core right, stronger, my back stronger. Its all on me. You dont want to go out there too early. You dont want to go out there too late. You want to be just enough so you can play the game." For now, Pierre-Paul sees his role as being there for his teammates. Hell watch practice and try to offer his insights. The downside is that he doesnt feel very much a part of the team. "I can do the rehab and all the things they tell me, but I still have to get a week under my belt in practice to see what I can do," Pierre-Paul said. "Going against two and three guys, getting double-teamed, is totally different from working by yourself. Thats what I have to be ready for." If he does get ready, the Giants are again going to be a threat to hassle opposing quarterbacks. Cheap Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Cheap New York Jets Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http:///...eland-browns-jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Just over a month after being held to single digits by an FCS team, Northwestern has solved a lot of problems offensively.Justin Jackson rushed for 188 yards and two touchdowns, and the Wildcats moved the ball almost at will after a slow start, beating Michigan State 54-40 on Saturday night to hand the Spartans their fourth straight defeat.Clayton Thorson threw for 281 yards and three TDs for the Wildcats, who rallied from an early 14-0 deficit. Michigan State (2-4, 0-3 Big Ten) is now mired in its longest losing streak in coach Mark Dantonios 10 seasons at the helm.Northwestern has won three of four since starting the season with losses to Western Michigan and Illinois State. The Wildcats managed only seven points against Illinois State, but that seems like a long time ago now that theyve scored 38 against Iowa and 54 on the defending Big Ten champions.Our guys have really been grinding, Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald said. Earlier in the year we werent a very good team. ... We could either pout and feel sorry for ourselves and start to point fingers, or we could just stay on the grind and keep the pedal down.The Spartans hadnt lost four in a row since 2006, and this was the most points theyd allowed since a 56-21 loss to Wisconsin in 2003.Northwestern held Michigan State to 3 yards of offense in the second quarter.Theres no easy fix, Dantonio said.The Spartans made a change at quarterback for this game, starting redshirt freshman Brian Lewerke instead of Tyler OConnor, but Michigan States problems extend well beyond one position.The Spartans went back to OConnor in the third quarter, and he threw for 281 yards and three touchdowns, but Michigan State couldnt stop Northwestern (3-3, 2-1) with any consistency.Solomon Vault returned a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown late in the third quarter to put the Wildcats up 40-31, and the Spartans never made it closer after that.Michigan State is off to its worst start after six games since 1994, when the Spartans were 2-4 and later forfeited away the wins.TAKEAWAYSNorthwestern: The Wildcats have to be encouraged by the ease with which they shrugged off an early deficit Saturday, and although the secondary was beaten for a couple long touchdowns in the second half, Northwestern will win itts share of games if it can keep creating big holes for Jackson. Cheap Oakland Raiders Jerseys. It was a good one today, but I think were just showing what we can do, Thorson said. Passing the ball, running the ball, everything.Michigan State: Dantonio shook things up by starting Lewerke at quarterback, then watched his defense give up so many yards and points it didnt really matter who was throwing passes for Michigan State. The Spartans were a mess on defense and still dont block well enough on offense to put together many sustained drives.Its almost like everybodys at a loss for words, OConnor said. We feel like weve been saying everything that we think we need to fix and working as hard as we can to fix it, and everybody understands that we need to get better.OConnor did do his best to reclaim the quarterback spot with his work late in the game.NEW FACELewerke had attempted only four passes this season before becoming the first Michigan State freshman to start at quarterback since Stephen Reaves in 2004. Lewerke opened the scoring with a 15-yard touchdown pass to Josiah Price in the first quarter, but the offense bogged down again in the second.Dantonio was noncommittal about his quarterback situation afterward.I thought both guys obviously did some good things, and both guys obviously did some things theyd like to have back, Dantonio said. So well look at it and evaluate it.TOUGH STARTMichigan State took a 14-0 lead in the first quarter when Justin Layne scored on a 43-yard interception return. That was the last touchdown the Spartans scored for a while.We knew that they were going to try and knock us out early. Their backs are against the wall, Fitzgerald said. We basically got what we expected, and it was disappointing with our start, but I really loved the way our guys responded. We didnt flinch.UP NEXTNorthwestern: The Wildcats host Indiana next weekend.Michigan State: The Spartans play at Maryland on Saturday night. If you dont count games forfeited from 1994, the last time Michigan State lost five games in a row within one season was when the Spartans dropped their first five in 1991.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: