rned fantasy owners told me that they drafted me and now I screw | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 11 '18
LONDON -- Richard Carrion of Puerto Rico entered the IOC presidential race Wednesday, promising to use his business experience to guide the Olympics through the worlds troubled financial times and proposing to deploy IOC staff permanently in host cities to help organize the games. NFL Jerseys Outlet . The 60-year-old Carrion, a banking executive who chairs the IOC finance commission and has spearheaded multi-billion dollar television rights deals, became the third member to declare as a candidate for the most powerful job in the Olympic movement. "We are at a crossroads," Carrion said in an interview with The Associated Press. "We will have to keep innovating and evolving or else well become less relevant. A lot of change is coming. I think I can manage in that kind of environment." Carrion follows IOC vice-presidents Thomas Bach of Germany and Ng Ser Miang of Singapore in formally announcing bids to succeed Jacques Rogge, who steps down in September after 12 years as head of the International Olympic Committee. C.K. Wu of Taiwan, head of the international amateur boxing association, is due to announce his candidacy on Thursday. Former pole vaulter Sergei Bubka of Ukraine is expected to follow soon, and Denis Oswald of Switzerland is also likely to run and complete a six-man field. The election will be held on Sept. 10 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Carrion sent a letter to all IOC members Wednesday announcing his presidential bid, along with a 14-page document laying out his platform and heralding the arrival of a "Great Olympic Era." He proposes raising the age limit for IOC members, which is currently 70. "I have been in positions where I have manoeuvred in difficult periods and I have helped safeguard the position and financial standing of the IOC as well as the revenue of the IOC," Carrion said in a telephone interview. "I have managed large complex organizations all my professional life. In difficult periods, in time of upheaval, I have done that successfully." Carrion, an IOC member since 1990, served on the policy-making executive board from 2004-12. He has been chairman of the finance commission since 2002 and the audit commission since 2006. He serves on the co-ordination commission for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Carrion is also chairman and CEO of Popular Inc., the financial services company which operates Banco Popular and other banks in Puerto Rico and the U.S. He is a member of the board of directors of Verizon and a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. As the head of TV rights negotiations for regions outside of Europe, Carrion helped raise more than $8 billion in revenues. He led the negotiations that secured a record $4.38 billion deal with NBC for U.S. TV rights through 2020. He has also overseen the growth in the IOCs financial reserves over the past 10 years from $100 million to $900 million. While his financial credentials are important, the job requires more than a top money man and needs someone passionate about the Olympic values and ideals, Carrion said. "This is an organization based on values," he said. "I am a person that is very much attuned to financial trends but I recognize very deeply the moment we forget our values, it doesnt matter how many TV contracts you have, it doesnt matter how much money is in the bank." Carrion said the IOC is in a strong overall position but must take action to deal with potential risks and challenges, including the financial downturn, doping, match-fixing, youth obesity and threat of natural disasters. "Nobody was predicting the financial crisis weve been going though the past five years," he said. "Its the things that you dont know about that you have to have the leadership in place to manoeuvr through that environment." Carrion proposes "insourcing" or bringing more functions directly under IOC control, as the committee has done in recent years with marketing and the Olympic Broadcasting Services. He specifically recommends putting permanent IOC management teams in place in host cities. "We can probably do a lot more of the organizing functions with a small dedicated cadre of people that would be on site continuously and start looking at which functions we can do more efficiently and not having to reinvent the wheel," Carrion said. "We probably have to go a little further and have people on the ground that have had experience generating budgets." Carrion said an IOC permanent presence would be useful in Rio, which has been facing delays and challenges in preparing for the 2016 Games. As a member of the co-ordination panel for Rio, chaired by Moroccos Nawal El Moutawakel, he has seen the problems up close. "There are games that are better prepared and games that give us a little more trouble," he said. "I think in the co-ordination commission of Rio, Nawal has spoken directly to the president of Brazil and to the mayor. We told them of certain concerns. Theyre aware of it. "Its something we will have to be on top of. I know the president (Rogge) has also made them aware. Weve seen these types of situations in the past. It requires constant monitoring." On other issues, Carrion said it was time to review some of the reforms that were enacted in 2000 in the wake of the Salt Lake City bribery scandal, including the imposed age limit of 70 for IOC members. He suggests 75 would be a more appropriate retirement age. "Its now 13 years later, its time we look again at all of those things we passed," he said. "Its time we took a good hard look at them and review what their impact has been. Is there something we want to change? Perhaps it turns out to be a few tweaks here and there or perhaps its something more profound." Carrion said its time to develop a new system for distributing Olympic revenues among the IOC, sports federations, national Olympic committees and other bodies. "Its going to be difficult to continue increasing the revenues at the same rate for the next 10 years as we did for the past 10 years," he said. "We need to see if we can develop new sources of revenues. Given todays economic realities, its going to force us to be more efficient. We can do more for less." Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Jerseys NFL Cheap . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. http://www.cheapnfloutletjerseys.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett said he will start in Sundays opener against the Buffalo Bills after coming back from what he humorously described as a trial separation.Forsett, the Ravens leading rusher the past two seasons, confirmed Wednesday that his brief release from the team was part of a roster maneuver and said he has returned to his spot with the first-team offense.Ill be lining up there as the starter as of now, Forsett said. Its my job to go out there and try to dominate and make it clear for them.The Ravens have more depth at running back than theyve had in years. Coach John Harbaugh said he wants to get all of his running backs involved, and that could lead to a running back by committee with Terrance West, rookie Kenneth Dixon (who is currently injured) and Buck Allen.Forsett, who played in only two preseason games, insisted he is ready to carry the ball 20 to 25 times in a game if called upon.Im excited, Forsett said. Feed me.Baltimore surprisingly cut Forsett on Saturday to open up a roster spot for either defensive tackle Carl Davis or safety Matt Elam so they could become candidates to be the one player designated for return at midseason. Forsett was released because he is a vested veteran and wouldnt have to go through waivers.Two days later, Forsett was back with the Ravens for the first practice leading up to the game against the Bills.I was very much in the loop, Forsett said. We decided to go with the trial separation. During that time, we realized tthat were better together, and we came back and made it work. Jerseys NFL China. .Coach John Harbaugh praised Forsett for being a team player.He handled it just like you would expect a man of his character to handle it, Harbaugh said. He was great, he wants to be here, and he was going to be here, and he is here.Forsett said he had to put his trust in Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome about the plan. A couple of teams contacted the running back during his short time as a free agent, but no one was close to the Ravens offer.He was amused by the reaction from family and friends, who called to comfort and encourage him. He also heard from fantasy football owners when it was announced he was released Saturday.Some concerned fantasy owners told me that they drafted me and now I screwed them, Forsett said. Its all my fault.Forsett signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Ravens, which is exactly what he had left on his current deal before he was cut. The only change was a $100,000 incentive if he surpasses his rushing total from last season (641 yards).It was fun negotiating that, he said.To earn that extra money, Forsett has to beat out his fellow running backs, all of whom are 5 years younger than he is.Its probably the most talented group since Ive been here, Forsett said. We push each other. Its going to take all of us at the end of the day to go out there and perform. Im confident. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseyscheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseyscheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '
Share: