Who were the studs against the 49ers? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
huangjian123
huangjian123 Nov 11 '18

Minnesota Vikings:Week one is in the books for the Minnesota Vikings and the team didn’t disappoint. The Vikings defeated the San Francisco 49ers 24-16 http://www.thevikingsfootballauthentic.com/sheldon-richardson-jersey-authentic , in what almost came down to a nail-biter. Minnesota gave fans a pretty solid preview of what to look forward to this season. Every week, I’ll mention two offensive and defensive players that I thought made a significant impact in the game. Here are my two offensive studs:Kirk CousinsCousins had a solid outing in his Vikings regular-season debut. He threw for 244 yards and two touchdowns. He completed 20-of-36 passes, for a completion rate of 55.6%. Despite that shaky offensive line, it held up pretty good for Cousins.The way he was slinging passes was fun to watch, he really knows how to thread the needle when he throws through coverage.He ran the ball four times for 26 yards. Late in the fourth quarter, Cousins was trying to grab a first down, so he took off and when he got close he dove head first into two defenders. The way he threw his head down when he dove was scary. It just would of been classic Minnesota Vikings if Cousins would have gotten hurt (even though that would be absolutely horrible to Kirk). Props to him though for just going balls deep. Adam ThielenThielen continued right where he left off from last season. He had six receptions for 102 yards Womens Brett Jones Jersey , his longest was 34 yards. Thielen had the most receptions along with Dalvin Cook, who also had six, Thielen was targeted 12 times. Stefon Diggs started things off on the receiving end, but finished the game with only three catches off of six targets, but Thielen picked things up. It just seems to all come so natural for Thielen and I truly believe that he has the capability to have a 100-yard days every week.I’m no expert or anything, but it’s probably a challenge for opposing defenses to try and figure out what player is going to guard Diggs or Thielen. I’m sure the two will alternate between weeks since one may be double covered and the other may not be. Now, here’s my two defensive studs:Harrison SmithBoy http://www.thevikingsfootballauthentic.com/mike-remmers-jersey-authentic , today he sure proved why he’s capable of being the best safety in the league. Smith led the team with eight total tackles (7 solo, 1 assist). He even managed to sack Jimmy Garoppolo, it only took him 2.9 seconds to sack him. Then, he stepped up big late in the game to help seal the deal with an interception. Ohh yeah, almost forgot about that fumble recovery. I wrote about a few BOLD predictions I had for the season. One was Smith recording ten interceptions this season. Well, he’s certainly on pace鈥?Only needs nine more. If this’ how Smith and the rest of the defense is going to play all year, then this will be another fun year to watch. Mike Hughes Hughes didn’t seem notorious for grabbing interceptions during his time in college. He must of been working on those ball skills Authentic Dalvin Cook Jersey , because he grabbed a pick and took it to the house for six. What would make a better NFL debut than doing something like that?Well, probably having a solid day all around. He also recorded three tackles and defended three passes that were sent his way. He was a gunner on special teams and managed to down a punt at the four. No knock to Trae Waynes, but don’t be shocked if Hughes becomes a starter (don’t really think it would be a shocker to anyone). It’s only week one, but there’s already Defensive Rookie of The Year talk. He did get a good start with that performance though. Two is the new one.NFL teams are going for 2-point conversions more than ever this season. Teams have tried it 59 times through the first seven weeks, converting 35. They're on pace to break the record of 115 attempted in 1994, the year the NFL adopted the 2-point conversion.There have been eight entire seasons since 1994 in which there weren't 59 2-pont conversion tries and only four times has the total reached 100.Titans coach Mike Vrabel went for 2 points and the win instead of playing for the tie and failed in Tennessee's 20-19 loss to the Chargers in London.Giants coach Pat Shurmur went for it down 20-12 and also failed in a 23-20 loss to the Falcons.Ravens coach John Harbaugh was considering it but played for overtime and lost when Justin Tucker missed the first extra point of his career in a 24-23 loss to the Saints.In Week 5, Eagles coach Doug Pederson went for the 2-point conversion trailing by eight points and was successful. Philadelphia ended up losing to Minnesota but was in position to win the game with a touchdown and extra point after converting. Teams have a higher percentage of winning down six instead of down seven.Shurmur followed the same logic and more coaches might follow the trend in 8-point games because the success rate for 2-point conversions is nearly 60 percent and they could try again and get the tie on the next touchdown.Vrabel's decision was the toughest because kicking an extra point to send the game into overtime is the safer choice. However Womens Tom Compton Jersey , that doesn't always work out as Harbaugh found out with a kicker who had been perfect to that point.Here's a look inside more numbers going into Week 8:UPHILL BATTLE: Bad news for the 14 teams with losing records. Since the current playoff format was introduced in 1990, 88 percent of teams who made the playoffs had a winning record through Week 7.ADAM'S MARK: Vikings receiver Adam Thielen has at least 100 yards receiving in each of Minnesota's first seven games this season, tying Charley Hennigan, who did it to start the 1961 season with Houston. Only Calvin Johnson had eight straight 100-yard receiving games at any point during a season. Thielen has 67 catches for 822 yards and five touchdowns.TEXAN TURNAROUND: The Houston Texans are the sixth team since 1970 to win four straight games following an 0-3 start.TOPPING T.O.: Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald needs 135 yards receiving to surpass Hall of Famer Terrell Owens (15,934) for second on the all-time list behind Jerry Rice.GORE'S GRIND: Colts running back Frank Gore is 105 scrimmage yards away from passing Hall of Famer Barry Sanders (18,190) for sixth on the all-time list. Rice is also first in that category.NAIL-BITERS: Sixty-one games have been decided by one score and at least one game has reached overtime in each of the first seven weeks.

Share: