cant do before you make that decision. If hes worse every day | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 1 '17
WASHINGTON -- Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden defended some of the decisions that left him open to second guessing in his teams loss to the NFC East-leading Dallas Cowboys. Cheap NBA Jerseys .One by one during a conference call with reporters on Friday, Gruden went over some of the key moments of a 31-26 road defeat, ending a two-game winning streak for the Redskins (6-4-1).There was the stuffed wildcat run on first-and-goal on a possession that ended with only a field goal. Then another red-zone possession at the end of the first half that also led to only three points after more than 15 seconds ticked away -- on purpose, Gruden said.There was the missed 55-yard field goal -- Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins career best was from 54 -- that gave Dallas a short field, which it took advantage of for a six-play TD drive. And the botched onside kick early in the fourth quarter Thursday, which again left the Cowboys with a short field, resulting in an eight-play TD drive.My mindsets going to not change. Were going to be aggressive in all phases of the game. If we see a look that we like, weve got to call it, Gruden said. Were not going to end the game and say, Dang, I wish I would have tried an onside kick or I wish I had tried the field goal.Given the way some of his pivotal choices worked out -- or didnt, actually -- Gruden might have been expected to say he wishes he had not tried that onside kick (it was recovered by Dallas) or had not let Hopkins attempt that field goal (it sailed wide right).Here is what Gruden said Friday about the four key moments:- The failed wildcat run by Robert Kelley with Kirk Cousins split out wide left as a receiver was doomed by poor execution, according to the coach: Its the same run whether we handed it to him or just snapped it to him. So we just thought wed get the quarterback out of there and just loosen up the box a little bit.- The end-of-half clock management: Gruden said he let time run down before calling his last timeout on third down at the 2, presumably to make sure the Cowboys wouldnt have time for an end-of-half drive. He did acknowledge regretting having wasted a timeout on his teams opening possession, when he stopped the clock instead of taking a 5-yard delay-of-game penalty because he only had 10 players on the field.- The 55-yard field-goal attempt: I know Hopkins leg. I know he can make that kick, Gruden said. Where do you draw the line: 52, 53, 54, 55? I mean, youre talking about a difference of 9 feet. And I know hes got plenty of leg to get it. He had plenty of distance, he just pushed it to the right.- The onside kick after Cousins 67-yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson cut Washingtons deficit to 24-19 with about 9? minutes remaining: I thought it was a good opportunity to try to steal a possession, quite frankly. We had the look that we wanted; just didnt execute it. It was kicked a little bit too hard.Despite the setback against Dallas (10-1), third-place Washington remains in the hunt to earn an NFC wild-card berth a year after winning the division. The Redskins havent been a playoff participant in back-to-back years since going three times in a row after the 1990, 1991 and 1992 seasons.Were not in the spot we want to be, obviously, in relation to our division. But when youre looking at the big picture, the object is to get in the playoffs, to get into the dance, and right now were in position, Gruden said. But we still have a lot of work to do.Note: Gruden said TE Jordan Reed (shoulder) would have an MRI exam on Friday to determine the severity of his shoulder injury. There is something there, though, that we have to deal with, Gruden said.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Authentic . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.cheapgrizzliesjerseys.com/ . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are bracing for the possibility of not having cornerback Darrelle Revis on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.Revis, who strained his left hamstring last week against the Seattle Seahawks, missed his second straight day of practice on Thursday, raising doubts about his availability for the game.Coach Todd Bowles said it will be a game-time decision.Right now, hes hurt, Bowles said. Unless he gets better, itll go right up until game time. Hes been progressing and feeling better. Well see on Sunday morning.An MRI on Monday revealed a minor strain, according to Bowles. Revis, 31, has participated in light practice warm-ups, but he hasnt tested the hamstring by running full speed.The timing couldnt be worse for the struggling Jets (1-3), who have allowed seven pass plays of at least 40 yards. Now they have to face the high-scoring Steelers (3-1) and their dangerous passing combination, Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown.Revis probably would be replaced by nickel back Marcus Williams in the starting lineup. Rookie Juston Burris, who has played only 23 defensive snaps in four games, would move up to the No. 3 corner spot.The Jets expect to be without wwide receiver Eric Decker (torn rotator cuff) for the second week in a row. Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys China. On Thursday, Decker didnt rule out the possibility of season-ending surgery, saying there isnt a definitive answer at this point.Surgery has been discussed, he said, saying that conversation will be revisited down the road.Well look at it again and theyll let me know what the right thing to do is, Decker said.The Jets are hoping rest and rehab will give Decker enough strength and range of motion to get back on the field, but theyve remained noncommittal on whether that will happen.We havent seen any progress with him, Bowles said, meaning Decker still isnt able to practice.The coach didnt rule out injured reserve.We have to see how his progress is doing, Bowles said. Its about him getting better first, seeing what he can and cant do before you make that decision. If hes worse every day, then thats an easy decision. But thats not the case right now.Well play it week by week, he added. When we have something in mind, well talk about it and well deal with it when that time comes. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: