have a grappling advantage, especially if shes able to create scrambles with regularity. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 29 '17
Sunday was the third time New Zealand were denied parity by Indias lower order, which has been crucial in a low-scoring series. Scott Simonson Jersey . In the first innings in Kanpur, Indias sixth wicket added 52 and the last 41. In response New Zealand lost their last five wickets for seven runs. In Kolkata, Wriddhiman Saha led the lower-order fightback, taking India from 200 for 6 to 316. In the second innings, India have exceeded those last two comebacks by converting 106 for 6 into 227 for 8. New Zealands leading bowler, Trent Boult, though, feels they are not doing much wrong against the lower order.Not necessarily, Boult said when asked if they could have done much differently to prevent another frustrating resistance from Indias lower order. We are trying to apply the pressure for as long as we can and not let off at all throughout the whole innings. But we know and realise they are going to put partnerships together, and we just cant afford to get frustrated by that. It is still a challenge as a bowling unit to not drift and release that pressure, but it is something we are trying to get much better at.Some of it could be put down to the exhaustion in the heat. I have to put these down as some of the tougher conditions Ive ever played in in my career, Boult said. Im not too sure what it looks like on TV, but it is pretty taxing. Obviously the dryness in the wicket and in the air is pretty tough. The last session is probably the easiest session in terms of heat. [But] You are just sapped by the time that comes around.The guys did extremely well to put the balls in the areas we did and apply that pressure. It was spoken in the huddle that we werent just going to let them drift away with the game with a figure in mind. We wanted to put pressure on them and make them earn every run. I think we did very well.Thanks to Jeetan Patel and BJ Watlings batting at the start of the day and the six early wickets, New Zealand fought their way back, but perhaps it was that deficit that meant India werent under the pressure New Zealand would have wanted to put them under. It was mostly on day two that they let the game slip with Indias lower-order runs and their own collapses with rain and bad light around.Its very disappointing but that is done now and we cant do anything about it, Boult said of the second day. They had some good conditions there last night to put us under pretty big pressure with the ball. Bhuvi [Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who took five wickets] bowled very well, and that has played a big part in the game. But we are not just going to roll over, weve fought very nicely to get ourselves back in the position we are in now.Boult said New Zealand would need every bit of skill with the bat to fight back again in this Test. We have the guys with the ability to bat long periods of time, Boult said. In terms of the wicket there is a little bit of variation in bounce and that is obviously going to be in the back of a few of our minds. We have to take it small steps at a time. If we can tick off our goals of trying to bat for half a session, then a session and just keep them out there and try to build like that. Anything that is set is definitely achievable.They could learn from Jeetan Patels innings in the morning, Boult said. He did very well. Its his first in a wee while and to come back and play an innings like that was good to watch. The rest of us can take a leaf out of his book and try to apply yourself like he did because they were valuable runs. Ryan Kalil Jersey . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Jonathan Stewart Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. http:///...-artis-payne-jersey/ . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Womens bantamweights: Miesha Tate (18-6) versus Raquel Pennington (8-5)Odds as of Nov. 4: Tate -185; Pennington +160Dana Whites thoughtsI like both of their fighting styles. Miesha is nasty. Shes tough, durable and super well-rounded. One of the most durable women Ive ever seen. Yeah, she got her nose smashed in her last fight with Amanda Nunes, but shes so tough. And this is another tough fight for her. The womens divisions right now, 115 and 135, are stacked, lot of good fights and they are very exciting.Whats at stake?Tate: Once youve tasted that life, its addictiveA few weeks after losing her title to Nunes at UFC 200, Tate flew to Kansas City to corner a friend. After the event, Tate rented a car and drove the 1,400 miles back to her home in Las Vegas, alone.As it turned out, that trip wasnt long enough for Tate. The minute she got home, she traded in the rental for her own car and continued driving -- first to Los Angeles and then up the coast to Washington.In all that time of reflection, did she ever reach a conclusion as to why she fought poorly in her first title defense? If she did, Tates keeping it to herself.I wish I could say it was one certain thing, Tate said. Sometimes you just have a bad night. I had a great camp. I trained hard. Not everything was perfect, there were a lot of difficult things going on in my personal life, but thats not the reason I lost. When the cage door closes I have one job, and I didnt execute that.Tate, 30, says her career is in a far better place than one year ago when she was publicly contemplating retirement after the UFC didnt come through with a promised title shot.Shes open to big fights and has made headlines by stating shed be open to one against a heavier Cris Cyborg Justino (and a trilogy fight against Ronda Rousey) -- but says reclaiming the title is still very much the goal. Tates climb to the top was one of the best stories of early 2016 and shed like to repeat that in 2017.During that drive, I reminded myself that I didnt get to where Im at based on one fight, Tate said. I get asked the Cyborg question and I say, Yeah, show me the money. But I want the title. Once youve tasted that life, I think its more addictive. Its one thing to wonder about it, its another to know exactly what it is.Pennington has everything to gainPennington broke into the UFC in 2013, as a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter reality series. Christian McCaffrey Jersey. She was the third pick of one of that seasons coaches, who just happened to be Tate.When Pennington describes Tates role on the show, she puts air quotes around the word coach. By her account, Tate was mostly hands-off as far as daily practices went.There was one major exception, however. Pennington says other members of Tates team refused to roll with her after a while, saying she went too hard. When Tate brought it up, she had a quick response.She said I needed to tone it down, and I was like, Youre not even out here. You should come roll with me and then tell me Im a bad partner, Pennington said.The two ended up working so well together, Tate flew Pennington back out to Las Vegas to help her prepare for a title fight against Rousey later that year.Pennington is now focused on her own title run, which has seen her win four of her past five fights. The only loss during that stretch came via split decision to Holly Holm, in a fight Pennington thinks she won. A win against her former coach and champion Tate would be the biggest of her career.Im not looking to put extra pressure on myself, but in reality, this is the biggest fight card in UFC history, Pennington said. Miesha has established a huge name for herself, and we have a storyline from our relationship on TUF. Theres a lot going on as far as all that, but I just see it as another stepping stone towards my goal.Im right there for a title shot, and I have everything to gain off this fight.Key statsTate: 18-6 record (5-3 UFC); 5-fight win streak snapped in loss to NunesTate: Scored takedowns in 6 of 8 UFC fights (9 total takedowns)Pennington: 8-5 record (5-2 UFC); 3-fight win streakPennington: +71 significant strike differential in UFC fights (356-285)BreakdownThe top of this female bantamweight division has featured an extreme clash of styles of late. Rousey the judoka. Holm the boxer. Tate the submission wrestler. Now, Nunes, a heavy hitter.Pennington isnt as easy to define. Shes a slick boxer with good head movement, but shell also bite down on her mouthpiece and throw when she feels she has opponents trapped near the fence. She has leaned on her wrestling enough that we definitely know its there and actually, although she classifies mostly as a striker, both of her UFC finishes have come via submission.Still, Tate figures to have a grappling advantage, especially if shes able to create scrambles with regularity. Tate has always flourished when a fight falls under a little chaos. Pennington is good at minimizing that because of her IQ and range awareness, plus a familiarity with Tates grappling ability cant hurt.Prediction:?Pennington via decision.You make the call: Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: