while opening bowler Harry Conway finished with one wicket. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Oct 12 '18
GREENWOOD, Ind. Mikael Backlund Jersey . -- Wayne Williams kept a pledge he and his father made to each other and shared a moment theyd both been waiting for all their lives.The North Carolina man drove to his fathers gravesite in Indiana to listen to the Chicago Cubs win Game 7 of the World Series. Wearing a Joe Maddon replica jersey and a Cubs cap hed recently purchased, Williams listened to the Cubs 10-inning, 8-7 victory over the Cleveland Indians on his smartphone Wednesday night at his fathers grave in the military section of Greenwood Forest Lawn Cemetery in suburban Indianapolis.Williams told WTHR-TV (http://bit.ly/2fHsbEm ) he and his father had a pact: When the Cubs got into the World Series again, they would listen to the games together.His father, also named Wayne Williams, was a Navy veteran. He died of cancer in 1980 at age 53. Williams said he knew on Sunday night what he would have to do if the Cubs kept their title hopes alive.If they win tomorrow, I have to be heading out the next morning, he said, noting that his wife supported it fully.The 68-year-old retired customer trainer said unlit roads made the trip a little difficult. He also said trying to get to his fathers gravesite required as few stops as possible if he was to make it by the first pitch.Cemetery workers kept the gates open for Williams, who was greeted by TV news crews as he took his spot and tuned in.As Williams listened, he said his wife sent text messages saying, Theyre killing me. Theyre killing me.Finally, after 10 innings and a rain delay, the Cubs rallied to take the lead and held off the last bid for a Cleveland rally. Williams, a Cubs W flag draped on his fold-out chair, said his celebration was subdued.I just kind of said `We did it, like I had anything to do with it, he said. I know how much he would have enjoyed it.As he headed back to his home in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, Williams said he would watch a recording of the game. By then, he said he thinks the idea of the World Series championship will have sunken in.Ill be able to work my way through it, he said.---Information from: WTHR-TV, http://www.wthr.com/ ;Johnny Gaudreau Jersey .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Jarome Iginla Jersey . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. http:///...steeg-flames-jersey/ . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. South Australia 236 (Raphael 61, Lyon 3-63, Stobo 3-69) and 8 for 121 (Lehmann 47*, Stobo 4-46) beat New South Wales 269 (Maddinson 80, Lyon 61, Richardson 3-64, Sayers 3-66) and 87 (Cowan 45, Sayers 5-27, Richardson 3-23) by two wicketsScorecard Chadd Sayers five-wicket haul helped South Australia bowl out New South Wales for 87 in their second innings and set up a thrilling two-wicket win at the Adelaide Oval. NSWs paltry score left South Australia with only 121 to get. But NSWs bowlers showed tremendous fight, led by Charles Stobo to take out eight SA wickets. However, Jake Lehmann held his nerve with an unbeaten 47 to help his team scrape through. The result did nothing to alter either teams position on the table, though, as SA remained on second, with their opponents on third.NSW started the day on 1 for 15, leading by 48. Sayers trapped Kurtis Patterson lbw in the third over of the day to set the tone for the slide. Soon, NSW were reeling at 4 for 22. Ed Cowan and Ryan Carters, the only two batsmen to reggister double-digit scores, got together for a 53-run fifth-wicket stand that resulted in just over 23 wicketless overs. Matt Bartkowski Jersey. But once Sayers broke that stand too, by bowling Cowan for 45, NSW lost their last five wickets for only 12 runs.Sayers was supported well by new-ball partner Kane Richardson, who took 3 for 23. Joe Mennie and Tom Cooper took a wicket each.Stobo took the first three SA wickets, by breaking a brisk opening partnership before taking two more wickets to leave SA 3 for 48. That became 5 for 49 before Lehmann dominated a sixth-wicket stand of 33 with wicketkeeper Alex Carey. Mennie and Richardson made brief but valuable contributions as the match continued to swing either way before Lehmann pinged a six and a single off Nathan Lyon to seal the match.Stobo finished with 4 for 46, Lyon took 2 for 43, while opening bowler Harry Conway finished with one wicket. Wholesale Jerseys From China China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Gear Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys From China Discount NFL JerseysJerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
Share: