.Preston should be very proud of his many | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 20 '18
LONDON -- For his first managerial job, Jaap Stam hasnt taken an easy option. Mats Hummels Jersey .A Premier League and Champions League winner as a Manchester United player , the Dutchman has entered the dugout in a league with little job security and where the financial stakes are among the highest in soccer.Looking around the League Championship, English soccers second tier, the Reading manager knows his illustrious playing career will count for little if theres a slump in form.Six of the leagues 24 managers have been fired this month as clubs chase a place in the Premier League and a $200 million-plus jackpot.I can understand all the teams want to go to the Premier League as quick as they can because theres a big pile of (cash) over there, Stam said. Managers need to have time to work on the team to get a certain chemistry within the group to eventually be promoted.Two months into the season, only one Premier League manager has lost his job. Two were booted out by second-tier clubs within a few hours on Tuesday.Walter Zenga, a former Italy goalkeeper, lasted 87 days at Wolverhampton Wanderers before the club decided being 18th in the 24-team division was not good enough. Gary Caldwell led Wigan back into the League Championship from the third tier but has been dismissed from his first senior managerial role after 18 months.October started with Aston Villa firing Roberto Di Matteo, who won the Champions League during a brief spell as Chelsea manager in 2013. Alan Stubbs (Rotherham), Nigel Pearson (Derby) and Paul Trollope (Cardiff) joined Di Matteo in the ranks of unemployed coaches.Every team apart from Rotherham to fire their mangers this month has played in the Premier League. A team can make about 170 million pounds ($208 million) from the Premier League even if it is immediately relegated again thanks to the valuable television contracts and parachute payments to soften the blow for demoted teams.Thai-owned Reading is one of 11 Championship teams with foreign investors seeking the prestige of a place in the top division. Four of the six teams to fire coaches in October are under overseas ownership, with Wolves and Villa the latest Chinese acquisitions.Wigan has enjoyed recent success, winning the FA Cup in 2013, but was relegated the same season from the Premier League and plummeted to third tier. Caldwell, a former Scotland midfielder, was fired on Tuesday with Wigan second-from-last after 14 matches.We deservedly won the League One title last season, said Wigan chairman David Sharpe, whose grandfather -- Dave Whelan -- owns the northwest team.However, we have not managed to carry on that momentum into this season and, after careful consideration over a period of time, I feel that we need to act now in the best long-term interests of the club.Reading was relegated from the Premier League in 2013. It is now eighth in the Championship, only a point from the playoff places, so Stam should be safe -- for now. A bad run of results can change everything, especially at a team that is working for its fourth manager in two years.Everybody working in the Championship knows that that (being fired) is possible, said Stam, who has previously worked on the Ajax coaching staff. But if you are afraid of getting sacked then you dont need to do this job.---Rob Harris is at www.twitter.com/RobHarris and www.facebook.com/RobHarrisReports Thomas Muller Jersey . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. James Rodriguez Jersey . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. http://www.fcmunichpro.com/Kids-Arturo-Vidal-Jersey/ . JOHNS, N. Preston Mommsen, Scotlands captain and one of their leading batsmen, has announced his retirement from international cricket to pursue a career outside of the game. Mommsen, who has been a vocal advocate of Associate nations being given greater support, said he had received a very exciting and attractive opportunity in the corporate world.Mommsen, 29, took on the captaincy in 2014 and led Scotland at the World Cup a year later. At the 2016 World T20, he oversaw Scotlands first victory at a global ICC event, at the 21st attempt.His finest hour as a Scotland player came at the 2014 World Cup Qualifier, when he scored 520 runs at 86.66 on the way to being named Man of the Tournament. Having replaced the injured Kyle Coetzer as captain after the first two matches, he went on to lead Scotland to victory in the final, making 139 not out against UAE - his highest ODI score.Mommsen remained a key member of Scotlands batting line-up and his retirement will leave them with a significant hole to fill in the middle order. In August, he scored 111 not out and 80 not out as Scotland beat UAE 2-0 in their WCL Championship fixtures, leaving them well placed to reach the 2018 World Cup Qualifier.During the first match against UAE, he passed 1000 ODI runs for Scotland and talked about becoming the first to reach 2000. However, he has now decided to step away from the game and take up a career in property investment.After much thought and reflection, I have taken the decision to step down as the captain of Scotland and not renew my contract with Cricket Scotland, in order to pursue a very exciting and attractive opportunity in the corporate world, Mommsen said. It has been an incredibly difficult decision but one that I felt I had to make at this stage in my life.I would like to thank everyone involved at Cricket Scotland, both past and present, for giving me the opportunity to fulfil my dreams and supporting me on my journey. I am enormously proud of what we have achieved over the last few years, and I have no doubt that the team and the organisation will continue to grow its presence on the global stage in the future.I leave the team in a very healthy position with a world-class management setup and a group of players that are demonstrating the skill and hunger to push Scotland cricket into the top 12 in the world. I woulld like to wish both the team and the organisation all the very best. Jerome Boateng Jersey. .Mommsens decision to step away from cricket is likely to have been influenced by scant opportunity to perform at the highest level. With the 2019 World Cup reduced to ten teams - and the top eight qualifying automatically - Scotland face a stiff task to reach the tournament in England. The 2018 qualifier would likely pit them against Afghanistan, Ireland, Zimbabwe and either Pakistan or West Indies for one of two spots.Scotland also took part in the last World T20 - although Mommsen was critical of the format, where the first round saw eight teams, including six Associates, compete to make it through to the Super 10s - but the next one is scheduled for 2020, with a proposed 2018 event still uncertain.At the 2015 World Cup, Mommsen was among several players from Associate nations to call on the ICC to help create a more level playing field, with increased fixtures against Full Members.He retires having played 146 times for Scotland, averaging 32.38 with the bat in ODIs and 34.91 in T20 internationals. Born in South Africa, where he played for the Under-19s, Mommsen moved to Edinburgh in 2006 and was first capped in 2010 after completing the qualification period.Scotlands head coach, Grant Bradburn, said: This is a bittersweet situation for our team and for Cricket Scotland. Above all we are very happy for Preston to be offered such an exciting opportunity. Preston is intelligent, well respected and ambitious, so for him to be moving into a corporate field that he is passionate about is just brilliant.Preston Mommsen offers the team many qualities that will be difficult to replace, he will be a big loss. A quality experienced batsmen at the peak of his skills, consistently our fittest player, top fielder and of course our leader with a tough uncompromising attitude. Preston has proudly been a champion for the Associate game and a role model who has helped bring next tier nations to global attention, always striving to give Associate cricket the growing credit it deserves.Preston should be very proud of his many achievements as an international player and we wish him every success in his new career. Disocunt Football JerseysWholesale Jerseys ChinaChina NFL Jerseys WhiteCheap Authentic JerseysYouth NFL Jerseys WholesaleCamo China NFL JerseysCheap JerseysDiscount JerseysChina NFL HoodiesCheap NFL Jerseys CamoCheap NFL Jerseys OutletNike NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Stitched JerseysWholesale Jerseys 2019Youth NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Share: