but Boetsch is a bigger threat | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 18 '18
CLEVELAND -- Robert Griffin III gave the Cleveland Browns some hope with a strong home debut. White Orange Air Max 90 .Griffin threw two touchdown passes in the first half in the Browns 24-13 exhibition loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night.Griffin found wide receiver Terrelle Pryor streaking down the right sideline on Clevelands second drive of the game for a 50-yard scoring strike. Griffin connected with tight end Gary Barnridge for a 22-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter.Those were two great plays, Griffin said. TP running by a guy and making a play and Gary making an amazing catch. We were able to get things clicking a little bit working the long ballGriffin signed with the Browns (0-2) after being released by Washington. He was 6 of 8 for 96 yards in four series, and ran for 36 yards on three carries -- including a 22-yarder.Devonta Freeman scored on a 19-yard run to cap Atlantas first drive. Matt Ryan played three series and completed 6 of 11 passes for 78 yards.Atlanta (2-0) trailed 13-10 at halftime, but went ahead on Brandon Wilds 32-yard touchdown run in the third quarter. The Falcons gained 498 yards, including 224 on the ground.The real story was the line of scrimmage, Atlanta coach Dan Quinn said. For us to have the ability to run the ball like we did, thats a real plus.ROOKIE WATCHFalcons: LBs Deion Jones and DeVondre Campbell were in the starting lineup. Jones, a second-round draft pick, played in the middle while Campbell, taken in the fourth round, played on the weak side.POSITION BATTLESFalcons: QB Matt Simms, who is competing with Sean Renfree for the No. 3 spot, directed a 15-play, 98-yard drive for a fourth-quarter touchdown.Browns: K Patrick Murray, who is competing with Travis Coon, made an extra point after Clevelands first touchdown.INJURY UPDATEFalcons: PK Nick Rose handled all of the teams kicking duties because of injuries. PK Matt Bryant didnt play beacuse of tightness, according to the team. P Matt Bosher left the game with a chest injury after taking a big hit from LB Tank Carder covering a kick. DE/LB Vic Beasley (shoulder), RB Terron Ward (ankle) and S Kemal Ishmael (shoulder) were also out.Browns: WR Corey Coleman, the teams No. 1 draft pick, has yet to play in the preseason because of a left hamstring injury. RT Joe Thomas (back), CB Joe Haden (ankle) and WR Andrew Hawkins (hamstring) were also out. S Rahim Moore was taken to the locker room to be evaluated for a concussion.NOT READY YETWR Josh Gordon (quad) returned to practice Tuesday but didnt play. He is suspended for the first four games of the regular season after missing the entire 2015 season for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy.QUOTABLEFalcons: I thought we were sharper than we were in the first week. We made some plays in the passing game and we ran the ball well. -- Ryan on the offense.Browns: As a receiver, if the ball is anywhere in your area you try and make the catch. It was a good ball, great protection. -- Pryor on his touchdown catch.OOPSC Cam Erving fired a shotgun snap over Griffins head in the second quarter, sending the quarterback racing for the ball. Griffin recovered for what would have been a 24-yard loss, but had his facemask grabbed by linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.I dont want to have to coach that, but its something we have to fix, Browns coach Hue Jackson said. That was disappointing to have the ball go over the quarterbacks head.FALCONS DEBUTVeteran DE Dwight Freeney, signed last week, played his first game with Atlanta after signing last week.Its hard to get the rust off, he said. I got about six to eight plays. I felt a little rusty, but thats what preseason is for.FAMILIAR FACEFalcons C Alex Mack, who played his first seven seasons with the Browns, visited with several of his former teammates on the field before the game. Cheap White Blue Air Max 90 . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. All White Air Max 90 . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. http:///...x-2017-cheap-uk.html . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Middleweights: Rafael Natal (21-7-1) vs. Tim Boetsch?(19-10)Odds as of Nov. 2:?Natal -160; Boetsch +140Dana Whites thoughtsYou know, two tough veterans, battling to stick around here. Thats how sports go. All sports, not just this one. Make a few errors in a key game, youre on the line. NFL -- Jonas Gray was a running back for the Patriots, stud, every time they put him on the field hed get 100 yards rushing, was late to practice and you never saw the guy again. Done. So, thats just the truth of every sport.Whats at stake?One step back to take a few forward for NatalManhattans Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu academy sits less than two blocks away from Madison Square Garden.Natal, 33, has been shaping his skills at W. 30th Street since moving to New York eight years ago and believes none of those years has been as critical to his development as 2016.Natal was recently shaping up to be the Cinderella of the division, having strung together four consecutive wins. That streak ended in April, when he came up short in a three-round fight against Australias Robert Whittaker.Following the loss, Natal requested time off to fill certain holes in his game, and he is eager to show that off against a battle-tested opponent in Boetsch.Renzos academy is one street behind Madison Square Garden. I see it every day, Natal said. In my last fight, I couldnt take him down -- first time in 30 fights. I take people down all the time. He avoided it, and that was a little frustrating. But I believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the best thing is to take one step back to take a few steps forward.I asked the UFC to give me a few months off to improve. Had I beat Whittaker, I would have asked for a top-five [opponent]. I wasnt ready for that, but now Ive fixed these things.Boetsch: I never feel secure until I get my hand raisedJust about every fighter on the UFCs roster would have given anything to receive an offer to fight in New York.When that offer came for Boetsch, the first emotion he felt was something close to dread.I was expecting to fight at the beginning of next year, Boetsch said. When I got a call from [matchmaker] Joe Silva out of the blue, I was concerned.Boetsch, 35, is coming off an upset win over Josh Samman in July, but before that, The Barrbarian had lost three consecutive bouts. Cheap White Gold Air Max 90. He has never forgotten what it felt like to exit the UFC; the promotion let him walk in 2009 before re-signing him the following year.I had three losses in a row before my last fight, Boetsch said. I was anticipating the call to say, We appreciate your time but no longer need your services. I was prepared for that call, and it never came. Instead, they called to offer me a fight on the biggest card in UFC history.I take pride in giving people exactly what they expect when I fight, but if were being honest, I never feel secure until I get my hand raised. Ive been cut by the UFC before. I understand the nature of this business. You better put on an exciting performance, but at the same time, you better win every fight. I go in with that mindset. I probably shouldnt put that pressure on myself, but its always on my mind.Boetsch believes others fighters might have scrambled their game after dropping three in a row, but says he was able to take a sensible approach. In June 2015, he got caught by a Dan Henderson right hand. In January of this year, it was an Ed Herman knee. Disappointing losses for sure, but Boetsch said he believes he has always had the recipe for success and that it hasnt changed.Those are two weapons no one wants to run into, and they found their way through on me, Boetsch said. Thats just fighting. I know the formula to win is there though. I just need to execute.Statistical comparisonNatal: 21-7-1 record (9-5-1 UFC); four-fight winning streak snapped in last fight Natal: 36 takedowns in UFC competition, most all-time in middleweight divisionBoetsch: 19-10 record (10-9 UFC); 14 of 19 wins by stoppage Boetsch: Lands 53 percent of significant strikes in UFC middleweight fights, sixth-highest among active UFC middleweightsBreakdownNatal isnt kidding when he says he couldnt get Whittaker down. He struggled to get anything going in that last fight, and his decision to take time off and evolve speaks to that.Boetsch doesnt have the same steady kickboxing approach that gave Natal so much trouble. His output is way lower, but he has a good deal of one-punch knockout power. Natal performs better when hes not on his back foot the whole time, which shouldnt be the case against the heavy-handed but at times lumbering style of Boetsch.A lot hinges on Natals ability, or lack thereof, to avoid the big shot. Hes durable and will probably have an advantage with judges simply because he does more, but Boetsch is a bigger threat for a KO.PREDICTION:?Natal via decision.NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap China Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies ' ' '
Share: