Granollers and Lopez were bidding to become | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 25 '17
PHOENIX -- Chase Anderson said the perfect start to his major league career "feels amazing," and the Arizona Diamondbacks feel the same way about the young right-hander. Lorenzo Alexander Jersey . Anderson pitched seven innings to become the third pitcher since 1998 to win his first five major league starts, leading the Diamondbacks to a 6-5 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Sunday. David Peralta and Paul Goldschmidt each hit a two-run homer in Arizonas six-run seventh inning. It was Peraltas first major league homer. Anderson (5-0) had a career-best eight strikeouts. He allowed two runs and five hits on his way to becoming the first pitcher to win his first five starts since Jered Weaver won seven straight in 2006. "Words dont describe that," Anderson said, "just going 1-0, 2-0. Each time I go out there Im just trying to give the team a chance to win. ... 5-0 feels amazing." The Diamondbacks have scored 45 runs in Andersons five wins. "Geez, when you get that kind of run support its not too hard to go out there and win games," he said. Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said Anderson "really threw one of his strongest games for us. He made a mistake to (Justin Upton). ... But other than that, very good." Upton, Freddie Freeman and Ramiro Pena homered for the Braves, who lost two of three in Arizona. Aaron Harang (4-5) issued six walks in six-plus innings, and was charged with three runs and four hits. Brad Ziegler, closing instead of home run-plagued Addison Reed, gave up a leadoff homer to Pena but retired the next three for his first save of the season. Gibson said Reed "has a tired arm, nothing serious." Harang (4-5) was working on a two-hitter before Aaron Hill led off the seventh with a single. Peralta then drove the next pitch over the wall in centre, tying it at 2. "He threw me a curveball. He just was hanging it," Peralta said. "I just made my best swing. I saw the ball flying and I was just OK, I got that one. It feels good. I couldnt stop laughing or smiling." Peralta went 2 for 4 and is batting .429 in seven games since being called up from Double-A Mobile. Harang then walked Cody Ross and was through for the day. Chris Owings added a two-run single off right-hander David Hale, and Goldschmidt hit one far above the 413-foot sign in left-centre for a 6-2 lead. Owings was hitless in nine at-bats in the series before his base hit. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez let Harang bat in the sixth. "You have to let him back out there (in the seventh)," Gonzalez said. "Yeah, he had some walks but we felt comfortable that he could manoeuvr through the lineup. A base hit and a two-run homer ties it. That seventh inning just unraveled on us." The Braves responded with two in the eighth, but lost out on an opportunity for more. Freeman connected against Joe Thatcher, and Tommy La Stella had an RBI single. Andrelton Simmons walked to load the bases before Evan Marshall struck out Gerald Laird to end the inning. Atlanta jumped in front on Uptons two-run drive in the sixth, and that looked as if it might be enough for Harang for a while. Peraltas leadoff single in the fifth was Arizonas first hit of the game. The Diamondbacks went on to load the bases on Andersons bunt for his first major league hit, but failed to score. Anderson got some help from his defence in the fifth. Third baseman Martin Prado made a diving stop of Lairds grounder, and then falling backward threw from his right knee to first, where Goldschmidt snagged it on one bounce for the out. NOTES: Atlantas Jason Heyward went 0 for 5, ending his 11-game hitting streak. ... On Monday, Arizona begins a four-game set with the Astros, the first two in Phoenix, the last two in Houston. Josh Collmenter (4-2, 3.63 ERA) starts the opener for Arizona, Jarred Cosart (4-5, 4.16 ERA) goes for the Astros. ... Atlanta moves on to a four-game set in Colorado. On Monday, the Braves send Gavin Floyd (0-2, 2.80 ERA) to the mound against the Rockies Christian Bergman in his major league debut. Micah Hyde Jersey Colton Schmidt Jersey . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss.UNIONDALE, N.Y. - The Boston Bruins worst period was also their most prolific in a win over the New York Islanders. After a dominant first in which the Bruins scored only once on 18 shots, Boston overcame sloppiness in the second and scored three times en route to a 6-3 victory Monday night. The line of Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand and Reilly Smith combined for three goals and six assists to power the Bruins offence that has scored 12 goals in two games. "Were expected to do a job out there," said Marchand, who had a goal and three assists. "We got contributions from every line. Thats how we win games and what makes us so tough to play against." The Bruins have had trouble with the Islanders this season, dropping the first two meetings before avoiding a series sweep Monday. Boston, which has won four of five (4-0-1), is not used to a speed game. The Islanders used that element to offset the bigger Bruins, who took four leads before putting New York away. "It wasnt the type of game that we like to play," said Bergeron, who had a goal and an assist. "They are a team that likes that. That run-and-gun type of game is not really our style." Loui Eriksson, Carl Soderberg and hulking defenceman Zdeno Chara added goals for the Bruins. Chad Johnson gave Tuukka Rask the night off and made 34 saves. Charas goal 8:12 into the third made it 6-3 and chased Kevin Poulin from the net in favour of Evgeni Nabokov, who came off the injured list earlier Monday following his second groin injury. The goal was the 500th NHL point for Chara, chosen by the Islanders in the third round of the 1996 draft. "I am very fortunate to play in this league for so many years," Chara said. "Points have always been secondary in my view, but if I can contribute offensively it is a big plus." Kyle Okposo, moved off the top line, had a goal and two assists for the Islanders, and Frans Nielsen and Michael Grabner also scored for New York, which lost its third straight (0-2-1) heading into its outdoor game at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday against the Rangers. Poulin made 30 saves. "We played well but didnt bury enough changes," Okposo said. "We have to get over this loss and come back strong against the Rangers." The Bruins recorded 18 of the first 20 shots. Erikssson made it 1-0 at 7:47 when he scored his sixth goal and first in 12 games, dating to Nov. Eric Wood Jersey. 25. Momentum shifted with 7:50 left in the first when the Islanders received their first power play. They didnt convert, but found their game. The Islanders got four of their 12 first-period shots during that power play and got even when Nielsen netted his 18th goal with 4:31 left. New York started the second period on the power play after Chara took a penalty for throwing a retaliation punch at Cal Clutterbuck. But again the Islanders fell behind. Marchand made it 2-1 at 4:50 when he took a pass in the left circle from Bergeron and lifted in a shot. The Islanders answered again, taking advantage of a turnover in the Boston zone by Gregory Campbell. During a delayed penalty, Okposo made a pass into the middle to Grabner for his ninth goal and second in three games, scored at 8:20. "That power play really gave them momentum, and we finished on our heels in the first," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "From that point on until the end of the second period, I thought we got really sloppy and shot ourselves in the foot." The Bruins went ahead 3-2 at 12:21 during another delayed penalty. Shawn Thorntons pass hit New Yorks Matt Martin and caromed to Smith, who tapped in his 17th goal. Another Bruins breakdown cost Boston the lead again. Defenceman Dougie Hamilton leaped at the blue line to knock down a puck, but missed. The speedy Grabner took off and was joined by Okposo, who came out of the penalty box. They came in on a 2-on-0 break and passed the puck back and forth before Okposo slammed in his 23rd goal with 4:52 left. It appeared the teams would be tied to start the third, but Soderberg steamed in on the right wing, got around defenceman Thomas Hickey and beat Poulin with 32.7 seconds remaining. The Bruins posted their first two-goal lead when Bergeron slammed in a feed from Marchand at 2:17 of the third. "We cant panic," said Islanders captain John Tavares, who had a six-game point streak snapped. "Have to trust each other in this room." NOTES: Okposo has seven goals and eight assists since his daughter was born earlier this month. ... The Islanders activated D Lubomir Visnovsky off the injured list. ... Rask is expected to start Tuesday when the Bruins host Florida. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: