40-18.Georgia won in coach Mark Foxs return to the area. Fox was born in Garden City | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 24 '17
EAST LANSING, Mich. Rangers Jerseys From China . -- Alex Murphy made a 3-pointer from the corner, and a handful of fans behind the Northeastern bench could sense an upset was near.Lets go Huskies! they began chanting, while the rest of the Breslin Center stayed mostly quiet.I think it was the hockey team, Murphy said.Murphy scored 18 points, and the Huskies capped a big day for Northeastern athletics with an 81-73 upset at Michigan State on Sunday night. The game was part of a tripleheader in East Lansing between the schools. Michigan State won the womens basketball game 78-44, and Northeastern beat the Spartans 6-2 in mens hockey.It was the second head-turning upset of the season for the Huskies in mens basketball. They won at Connecticut last month. In between that game and this one, Northeastern (6-5) lost to the likes of LIU Brooklyn, Cornell and Stony Brook.I tell my guys each and every year that we want to compete against the very best that the country has to offer, to make sure that we can measure ourselves and get better, Northeastern coach Bill Coen said. We want to compete against national championship-caliber programs, and thats what Michigan State is and always has been.Cassius Winston had 21 points and 10 assists for the Spartans (7-5), who trailed 36-32 at halftime and could never take control.Michigan State went on a 17-4 run in the second half and led 51-45 before T.J. Williams made a 3-pointer, snapping a string of nine straight missed field goals by Northeastern. The Huskies took the lead back before too long, and with the score 64-61, the 6-foot-8 Murphy made a layup followed by his big 3-pointer from in front of the Northeastern bench, making it an eight-point game with 2:47 remaining.That was when the Northeastern fans started chanting.BIG PICTURENortheastern: The Huskies are certainly a hard team to figure out. Theyve now beaten a couple big-name programs -- although UConn and Michigan State arent exactly at their best right now. Northeastern showed impressive resolve, recovering nicely from a rough stretch in the second half and eventually closing the game out comfortably.Michigan State: The Spartans were without freshman standout Miles Bridges, who missed his fourth straight game with a left ankle injury. Michigan State let this game get away from the 3-point line, where Northeastern went 11 of 23 and the Spartans were only 5 of 16. Michigan State was held to single-digit margins in home wins this month against Oral Roberts and Tennessee Tech, and this time the Spartans were victimized by an upset.PLAYING TIMEMichigan States Eron Harris played only 23 minutes. Coach Tom Izzo was blunt when asked repeatedly about Harris playing time in the postgame news conference.Why are you concerned about Harris? (He was) sitting next to me because he didnt play very good -- period. So I dont know what the deal is, Izzo said. I dont mean to jump you about it, but you want to know why he didnt? He didnt guard, he didnt play very hard, he didnt play very smart, he took a couple bad shots, and he wasnt playing the way he has to play.CLEAVES ON HANDFormer Michigan State star Mateen Cleaves was at the game, less than two weeks after a judge dismissed sex charges against him. Cleaves was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in 2015, but charges were dismissed Dec. 5.In the Michigan State locker room after the game, Cleaves would not comment on the case.UP NEXTNortheastern: The Huskies have another game in Michigan coming up Tuesday night when they play at Oakland.Michigan State: The Spartans next game is also against Oakland, on Wednesday night in East Lansing. Thats Michigan States last game before starting Big Ten play.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Youth Rangers Jerseys . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Wholesale Rangers Jerseys . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.cheaptexasrangersjerseyschina.com/ .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- It took Georgia coach Mark Fox going against his principles to beat George Washington.After having a tough time guarding the Colonials with his trademark man-to-man defense, Fox made the rare move to slap on a zone, and that allowed the Bulldogs to keep the Colonials at arms length in an 81-73 victory Monday night in the semifinals of the CBE Classic.It was really back-and-forth for much of the game, Fox said. I thought our move to the zone, which makes my skin curl, really helped us, but we were having a hard time guarding them.Yante Maten and J.J. Frazier scored 18 points apiece for the Bulldogs (3-1), who were celebrating the induction of former coach Hugh Durham and famed alum Dominique Wilkins into the College Basketball Hall of Fame on Friday night by notching their third straight win.The Bulldogs will face No. 5 Kansas in the tournament title game Tuesday night, while the Colonials (3-1) will play Alabama-Birmingham in the consolation game.Well, its good for our basketball team because were playing good basketball teams. Its big for our program because we just put two of our greats in the Hall of Fame, Fox said. We needed to show well, so Im really proud that we played a fairly clean game.Derek Ogbeide had 11 points and eight rebounds Georgia, which led for 31 minutes but never by more than eight points. Juwan Parker had nine points and 11 boards.I mean, thats an SEC team. Theyre big inside, said Tyler Cavanaugh, who led George Washington with 21 points. We didnt block off at crucial times, myself at the end of the game. It cost us.George Washington knotted the game 68-all on a three-point play by Yuta Watanabe witth just over four minutes remaining, but the Bulldogs responded with the next six points. Rangers Jerseys Outlet. Then they answered Cavanaughs 3-pointer from the wing with a three-point play from Papa Diatta that helped put the game away.I thought for a big part of the game we did a great job. It was neck-and-neck there, George Washington coach Maurice Joseph said. Little plays here and there eventually cost us the game.Josh Hart was 5 of 6 from beyond the arc and had 17 points for George Washington, the reigning NIT champions. Watanabe added 14 points but was just 1 of 5 from beyond the arc.Thats a good team, Cavanaugh said. We just have to keep getting better.BACK AND FORTHThe game was tied 10 times and there were 12 lead changes, but the Colonials never led by more than three points. That advantage came early in the second half, when they built on a 36-35 halftime lead.BIG PICTUREGeorge Washington struggled on the boards and in the paint, and it proved costly in the final minutes. Diattas three-point play to help put the game away came after Georgias second offensive board of the possession as the Bulldogs outscored the Colonials inside, 40-18.Georgia won in coach Mark Foxs return to the area. Fox was born in Garden City, Kansas, and began his playing career at Garden City Community College. He later spent six years as an assistant coach for Kansas State before moving on to Nevada, where he eventually became the head coach.UP NEXTGeorge Washington plays the Blazers for third place.Georgia plays the Jayhawks for the title. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: