This is perfect for World Cup," | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 24 '17
Brad Jacobs and Rachel Homan had a pretty nice weekend. Latrell Sprewell Jersey . Not only did they spend it in beautiful Banff, Alberta, but they each took home a solid chunk of money as the winners of the TSN Pintys All-Star Curling Skins Game. Ottawas Homan and her rink of Emma Miskew, Joanne Courtney, and Lisa Weagle won a total of $52, 000 over the weekend after defeating Olympic champion Jennifer Jones in the final on Sunday. The 25-year-old was forced to make a difficult tap with her last shot in the eighth and final end to capture the last - most lucrative - skin of the game. Its definitely the most money Ive ever played for, for one curling shot, said Homan. Jones gave us a run for our money… literally. It was a good game and were pretty excited to take home this cheque from Pintys. Womens competition made its return to the TSN Skins Game for the first time since 2003. Homan defeated Val Sweeting in the first womens semifinal while Jones slipped by Chelsea Carey of Alberta. On the mens side, Olympic champ Brad Jacobs and his rink of Ryan Fry, E.J. Harnden, and Ryan Harnden won a total of $65, 500 in prize money over their time in Banff. Jacobs of Sault Ste. Marie defeated Albertas John Morris in the final thanks in large part to a seventh end which saw them win a whopping $37, 000 after three carry-overs. The 29-year-old won the final skin of $13, 000 with a draw to the button after another carry-over in eight. Jacobs beat Mike McEwen in the first semifinal while Morris topped Kevin Koe in the other on Saturday. Golden State Warriors Jerseys . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Stephen Curry Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Getting Creative The Pittsburgh Penguins will try their best to acquire Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks before the Trade Deadline.TORONTO -- Canadians turned out by the hundreds to watch Germany beat Argentina in the World Cup final on Sunday, with many braving either a scorching sun or heavy downpour. Supporters gathered in public spaces across the country to cheer on their teams, watching Germany beat Argentina 1-0 in extra time to claim its fourth World Cup win. In Toronto, hundreds of sweat-drenched fans gathered downtown near the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and watched tensely as the game went through a scoreless 90 minutes. While many donned the striped jerseys of Argentina, Germanys supporters seemed to be greater in number and a lot more vocal. Chants of "Germany!" and "Deutschland!" filled the air and grew louder each time either goalkeeper blocked off a shot. "If youre German, you just cheer for every moment," said Nicole Hauvisen, who has lived in Toronto for five years. While Germanys supporters -- many with their faces painted and some shirtless -- erupted into dance at the end of the match, Argentinas supporters slinkered away silently, with some declining interviews. One man who was cheering for Argentina, Rhys Wakeham, said he thought the game was done as soon as Germany put in its single goal with just seven minutes left in the game. "It was like hopeless," he said. "I though that was it. I though that was the end right there, when they scored... Germanys defence was just too strong." In Montreal, several hundred people braved overcast skies for an outdoor party at Montreals Parc Jean Drapeau, which is on the same island where the Montreal Grand Prix is held. Rain spat at the enthusiastic crowd gathered before two large screens before turning into a downpour as the match went into the final minutes. The mob erupted with cheers as Germany was declaared the winner and then scattered amid the driving rain. Tim Hardaway Jersey. Some hung around to savour the win. Jonathan Lohe Chung, who had supported Argentina, said he didnt expect it to take so long for someone to score. "I was expecting two or three goals in this whole game but how they played everything was pretty conservative on both sides," he said. "Great game no matter what." In Vancouver, there were mixed feelings about Germanys win amongst the hundreds who gathered to watch the game. "Vancouver is the city of bandwagons," said Patrick Koo. "Im pretty sure everyones a Germany fan now." "I was rooting for Germany, I bet a little bit of money on them." said Craig McKimm. "I think Ill win $26 or something like that -- dont tell my girlfriend though." In Edmonton, where sports hoopla is typically reserved for hockey or the other type of football, hundreds gathered under a baking Prairie sun to watch the final on a big screen in the citys downtown. "Im from Toronto and I didnt expect this much support for the World Cup in Edmonton," said Arsh Sidhu, who was wearing an Argentina jersey. Rob Welte and his family, who were on their way back to Fort McMurray after a holiday in B.C., were also surprised to see such a large crowd. Welte, a Germany supporter, explained that his family were such big soccer fans that they took a break from camping during their trip to drive to Kamloops to watch Germany beat France in the quarter-finals. "This is perfect for World Cup," Welte said as he sat among the crowd in Edmonton. "You get a lot of people in public rooting for their country. Its just awesome." With files from Steven Chua in Vancouver, Nelson Wyatt in Montreal and Rob Drinkwater in Edmonton. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: