hooting wide as defenders Daniele Bonera and Cristian Zap | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 24 '17
CHICAGO -- Ian Kennedy has had enough problems getting run support from his offence. Phillip Gaines Jersey . This time, he had to deal with a mental lapse by his defence. Kennedy struck out nine in six strong innings and Yonder Alonso hit a two-run homer to lead the San Diego Padres past the Chicago White Sox 4-1 on Friday night. Cameron Maybin hit his first home run of the season in the third inning, but also had a mental lapse in the fourth. With one out and Conor Gillaspie on second, Alexei Ramirez hit a routine fly to Maybin in centre field. Maybin thought it was the third out of the inning. He put his head down and started jogging in. Gillaspie noticed that Maybin was unaware of how many outs there were and tagged up to third without a throw. One pitch later, Gillaspie scored on Kennedys wild pitch to tie it at 1. "You hate to see that," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Cam, when he came in, the first guy that he went to was to Ian and apologized. Cam doesnt make those mistakes." It wasnt the first time Kennedy had to overcome a position player forgetting how many outs there were. "Ive done it before on the mound so at that point, for me, Ive just got to get over it. My job was to keep that runner there. Yeah, but he came up to me and apologized to me," Kennedy said. "It was after he hit the home run and I said, Make it up to me, hit another home run, I will forget about it." Kennedy (4-6) allowed one run and four hits with three walks. The right-hander has struggled to get help from San Diegos offence. Before the game, he ranked 98th out of 101 qualified pitchers with 2.79 runs of support per nine innings. He struck out the side in the fifth and Gillaspie leading off the sixth. Alonso finished with three hits as the Padres ended Chicagos three-game winning streak. Padres closer Huston Street pitched a perfect ninth for his 16th save in 16 opportunities. Nick Vincent and Joaquin Benoit backed up Kennedy with a scoreless inning apiece. "In this day and age the bullpen is so important," Black said. "Our guys have been pretty solid all year, pretty consistent. We saw that again tonight. We feel good about our pen. Its a big part of our early-season victories." White Sox starter John Danks (3-5) followed an impressive outing against the Yankees with seven effective innings against the Padres. Danks allowed two runs and scattered eight hits. He struck out four and walked one. "I for the most part was able to get the kind of contact I wanted," Danks said. "Obviously, made some mistakes and got burned for them, but all in all it was a good day." Danks pitched eight shutout innings last Saturday but ended up with a no-decision in Chicagos loss to New York. White Sox starters have 2.21 ERA in their last 10 games. "Theyve come along," manager Robin Ventura said. "I think theyre getting stronger as we go along. Where were at right now, you stay with them and we have confidence when they go out there." Maybin led off the third with a home run on a 2-0 pitch from Danks. It was his first home run since June 9, 2013, at Colorado. Danks got help from second baseman Gordon Beckham. Everth Cabrera put down what appeared to be a perfectly placed bunt, but Beckham dove at the ball in the infield grass and swiped the ball with his glove to Adam Dunn at first for the out. Rene Rivera led off the fifth with a double to the warning track in centre and later scored on Danks wild pitch to give the Padres a 2-1 lead. "Its kind of odd that they score a run on a wild pitch and we score a run on a wild pitch," Kennedy said. "Its crazy how the game works like that. For the most part, its nice to get that in the next inning right away." Alonso added insurance runs in the eighth with a two-run drive off reliever Javy Guerra, his fourth homer of the season. NOTES: Kennedy struck out 12 against Miami on May 8. ... White Sox LHP Chris Sale (4-0, 1.73 ERA) will start Sunday instead of Monday, scuttling a potential marquee matchup against Dodgers LHP Clayton Kershaw (3-2, 3.57). ... Chicago DH-1B Paul Konerko, bothered by a stiff back since Tuesday, said he was available to pinch-hit. ... Ventura reiterated his support for RHP Ronald Belisario (3-0, 5.10) as the teams closer, saying there was no need to break in somebody else. Belisario has three saves in six chances. ... San Diego RHP Andrew Cashner (2-5, 2.35) threw all his pitches during a bullpen session and is expected to throw a simulated game Monday. Cashner has been on the disabled list, retroactive to May 15, with soreness in his right elbow. ... Black said LHP Robbie Erlin (3-4, 4.53) continues to rehab his sore left elbow in San Diego and there is no timetable for his return. Erlin is on the 15-day DL retroactive to May 18. Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . Then Klay Thompson put his foot on the gas. Thompson scored 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and Harrison Barnes scored 14 points in his season debut to help the Golden State Warriors to a 106-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night. Dustin Colquitt Jersey . First reported by FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal, its unknown if the impetus for the deferral proposal came from players or management, but it never left the preliminary stages.ST. MORITZ, Switzerland -- World champion Tessa Worley of France won a World Cup giant slalom on Sunday, racing to the fastest time in both runs. Worley sped down in a combined time of 2 minutes, 7.62 seconds to deny Jessica Lindell-Vikarby of Sweden a second straight GS victory by 0.37 seconds. Tina Maze of Slovenia, the defending overall World Cup champion, matched her best result of the season in third, trailing Worley by 0.79. "Its really a relief," said Worley, who had a best finish of ninth in the first two GS races this season. "This race was very important because I started the season not at all like I hoped." Worley, who won here three years ago, got her eighth career World Cup win -- all in giant slalom. She also won the gold medal in February at the worlds staged in Schladming, Austria. Overall standings leader Lara Gut of Switzerland and Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States were among expected contenders who did not complete the first run. Both slid out on the aggressive snow surface. "It was perfect snow really. Running (bib) No. 1, I was loving every second of it until I fell," said Shiffrin, who was runner-up behind Lindell-Vikarby in the previous GS race at Beaver Creek, Colorado, this month. Lindell-Vikarby leads the discipline standings after three of eight scheduled races.. Derrick Thomas Jersey. Zettel is second and Worley moved up to third. Maze showed flashes of her record-setting 2013 form and some emotion when she crossed the line as provisional leader with five racers still to come down. The 30-year-old Slovenian, whose coach and partner Andrea Massi was absent Sunday, did not smile and pounded her chest repeatedly with her right fist. She now has two podium finishes in 10 races but no wins after taking 11 victories last season. "I thought I had to do this day for myself," Maze said through a translator after explaining that Massi was ill Sunday. "I have to manage the race." Maze earned 60 race points and is fifth overall, trailing Gut by 192. Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany placed 11th Sunday and moved ahead of Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein into second overall. Weirather, who won Saturdays super-G, also skied out in the morning. Julia Mancuso was the best-placed American in 12th, trailing Worley by 2.59. Megan McJames was 23rd, 3.07 back. Lindey Vonn skipped the St. Moritz meeting as she manages a right knee injury ahead of the Sochi Olympics. She plans to return in a downhill next weekend at Val dIsere, France. The womens circuit stops en route in the French Alps on Tuesday, for a slalom at Courchevel where world champion Shiffrin should start favourite. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: