thats a pretty amazing career | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Aug 13 '18
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Cheap Cleveland Browns Jerseys . -- Still feeling disrespected despite bringing home the Lombardi Trophy, members of Denvers nasty defense pledged to keep serving as the Broncos vicious vanguard in 2016.They certainly delivered in the opener.Only, instead of championship rings, their latest clubbing of Cam Newton will surely come with some hefty fines.Newton was repeatedly hit in the head in Denvers 21-20 win over Carolina in Thursday nights beguiling but brutal NFL kickoff that left fans cringing along with the leagues reigning MVP.The biggest hit on Newton was delivered by safety Darian Stewart on Carolinas final possession, leaving the QB motionless on the ground for several seconds. But his roughing flag was negated by Newtons intentional grounding infraction a split second before he was hit. Newton stayed in and led the Panthers into field goal range, although Graham Gano missed a 50-yard attempt that would have given Carolina the lead with 4 seconds remaining.Stewart said after the game he felt like he led with his shoulder, not his head.There were a couple of helmet-to-helmet hits on Newton by last years Super Bowl MVP Von Miller and Brandon Marshall that went un-flagged by Gene Stetatores crew, prompting Newton to declare, I dont like getting hit in the head, but he added he didnt think the Broncos were head-hunting.Asked if he thought hed be penalized for his big hit, either through a fine or a suspension, Stewart said, I hope not. Im definitely going to appeal. I didnt think it was that type of play. I didnt think I hit him in the head. Im just glad it was offsetting penalties.Newton was hit while throwing or rushing 17 times Thursday night, the second-worst beating hes ever taken and the only one where he was hit more came in an overtime game.Weve got to treat Cam like a quarterback, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said. I know hes the biggest guy on the field, but hes still a quarterback.Except when hes not, said Marshall.Newtons running ability puts him in harms way a lot more often than a pure drop-back passer.The guy is a big ... tight end, defensive end playing quarterback. What are we supposed to do? said Marshall. When hes running the ball -- theyve got quarterback-designed runs, quarterback keeps, quarterback powers, draws, everything -- were going to treat him like a running back.The Broncos walloped several of the games elite QBs on the way to their title last season, holding Aaron Rodgers to the worst performance of his career and putting the hurt on Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady and Newton in the playoffs.Kubiak said leading up to the game that he wanted his players to play with emotion.I think we have the most fun when were just being ourselves and thats what coach lets us do on game day, and its our responsibility to stay within the rules and the boundaries, safety T.J. Ward said earlier this week. And sometimes we cross them but thats part of the game. If you want a team of personalities attacking, sometimes youve got to take the good with the bad.Marshall said he knows he could get fined next week by the NFL.On my hit, he starts scrambling and theres a big open field, Marshall said. Yeah, I have Jonathan Stewart on me, but Im like, `Cams running the ball.Hit him! hollered Shane Ray in the locker next to Marshalls.Yeah, exactly, as Shane said, you have to hit him, Marshall continued. And its tough, man. I think I heard Ray Lewis say you have guys of all sizes and theyre falling to the ground, if Cams moving, you never know, these angles, its hard to tell these angles. And then sometimes youre going to hit him in the head. I mean, it is what it is, but I think he should be treated more like a running back most of the time because he runs the ball a lot.And Newton, at 6-foot-5 and 245 pounds, is a super-sized running back much of the time, ducking his head just like any other running back slicing his way through the line.Hey man, look, I tackled him three times yesterday and I realized how heavy he was, Marshall said. Im like, this is a heavy dude. So, everybody, these safeties, theyre going to launch at him because they know theyve got to get him down.Ward said that every time Newton left the pocket and was a runner, we tried to put helmet and shoulder pads on him. If youre not going to slide were going to put something on you. We saw him limping throughout the game so that running stuff, you cant do that all game.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton ;Cheap Detroit Lions Jerseys . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. http:///...uffalo-bills-jerseys . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. The few minutes of media access after a hard-fought game isnt usually the best time to get a young NHL player talking about something other than the contest he just played. You save those conversations for practice days or morning skates.But even coming off the heat of battle, Connor McDavid and Patrik Laine happily paused to talk about playing against their idols in the NHL for the first time.In the case of Laine, it has already happened. The Winnipeg Jets rookie grew up an avid?Alex Ovechkin fan and got to face Ovechkin for the first time in the NHL last Tuesday. Laine had played against Ovechkin internationally, the first time coming during the World Championships in May.Still, their first NHL meeting was quite the thrill for the 18-year-old right winger.It was exciting to play against my childhood idol, Laine said. It was a great moment.Next, its McDavids turn.McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers face Sidney Crosbys Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET. It will be the first time McDavid, 19, plays against Crosby, 29. McDavid was still sweating from a win over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday when he was asked about the opportunity to play the guy he grew up revering.Even as reserved as McDavid is, you could sense his admiration.Its exciting. [Crosby is] someone I grew up idolizing, McDavid said. I didnt get a chance to play him last year. I didnt get a chance to play him in the World Cup. For me, its going to be pretty cool.Crosby and Ovechkin are still at the top of their games. Their teams are well-built and poised to make runs in the Stanley Cup playoffs.Were not putting them out to pasture.But in McDavid and Laine, we have two young players who are just about ready to take the baton. If youre sick of Crosby and Ovechkin comparisons, well, youre in luck. Get ready for a decades worth of comparisons between McDavid and Laine, because they might be the two players best poised to fill the vacancy when Crosby and Ovechkin move closer to the Hall of Fame.With eight goals so far this season, Laine is at the top of that leaderboard, where Ovechkin has finished six times in his career.Sounds pretty good, Laine said, when told of his spot in the goals standings. Cool. Its nice to hear.He also has more goals than any other rookie in the league, even after?Auston Matthews jumped out to an early lead with his historic four-goal NHL debut on Oct. 12.The general manager who drafted Ovechkin was in the building when Laine scored his seventh NHL goal. Former Capitals and current Las Vegas GM Geoorge McPhee saw shades of Mario Lemieux in Laines game when he first watched him during the World Junior Championships in Finland. Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jerseys. The Ovechkin comparison works for McPhee too, mostly because both are threats to score every time they shoot.Some guys can shoot it all night and its not going to go in, McPhee said. These guys need one chance and theyre a threat to score. They both have the ability, a little bit of a curl and drag -- while theyre doing it, it changes the angle for the goalie. [Laine] is really accurate. He can really place pucks.As for McDavid, he has been getting Crosby comparisons all his life. Now the hockey world will get to see how their matchup plays out on the same sheet of ice on Tuesday night.Crosby has two Art Ross trophies, a collection that would be bigger if it werent for his multiple concussions. In six games this season, Crosby is averaging 1.67 points per game -- the highest ratio of his career. Hes making a charge up the leaderboard despite missing the Penguins first six games while recovering from his latest concussion.Waiting for him near the top of the points race is McDavid.McDavid has 14 points in 13 games, a total topped only by three players (Artem Anisimov, Patrick Kane and Nikita Kucherov) through Monday.It sure looks like McDavid will give his idol just as much competition in the points race as Kane, Claude Giroux and Steven Stamkos?will.Oilers winger Jordan Eberle has played on a line with Crosby during the 2015 World Championships and now skates on McDavids wing with Edmonton.The one thing that sticks out with Connor is his speed, Eberle said in comparing the two. Hes faster than any player Ive ever played with.McDavid and Laine both joined the NHL via different drafts, like Ovechkin (2004) and Crosby (2005). They play different positions like Ovechkin (left wing) and Crosby (center). They play in the same conference, like Ovechkin and Crosby do.The way the Jets and Oilers are trending, theyre going to see a lot of each other in the coming years -- with a lot on the line. You know, like Crosby and Ovechkin.If it ends up playing out the way that rivalry has, McDavid would be thrilled.If you can have half [Crosbys] success or even a quarter of his success, I think thats a pretty amazing career, McDavid said. Hes won basically everything there is to win. Hes a pretty good guy to try and follow.So is Ovechkin. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '
Share: