Will Hernandez Game Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Aug 12 '18
As Sam Darnold continues to miss vital New York Jets practices because of a contractual standoff Cheap Dante Pettis Jersey , the reason behind the tense negotiations has come to light.ESPN.com's Rich Cimini reported Sunday that, along with offset language, the Jets and Darnold's representation continue to negotiate voids in guaranteed money pertaining to his conduct. The team is reportedly asking to void Darnold's entire guarantee in the event he's fined for an infraction鈥攂oth on or off the field.聽 聽 聽 聽Contracts for Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen contain such voids only if the player receives a suspension.Manish Mehta聽of the聽New York Daily News聽reported a slightly different version, with Darnold's representation apparently attempting to get all offset language removed. While rookie contracts are guaranteed, teams write offset language into them in the event they release a player, allowing them to recoup some money.The slotted guarantees for Darnold would be around $30 million.The Jets opened camp without Darnold last Thursday, with Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown getting reps with the first-team offense. The rookie is at risk of putting himself behind both players in what was expected to be a three-man race for the starting job."I am just worried about the guys that are here Ronald Jones II Youth Jersey , like I said," Jets head coach Todd Bowles聽told reporters. "The guys that are here are going to play, and we are going to get ready for the season. When he comes in, he comes in."Regardless of the circumstances, it's a bad look for both the player and the team for the No. 3 overall pick to be missing camp. The draft was in April. Both sides have had more than three months to negotiate a contract; that's ample time to figure out the language in the deal.The fact that they're at an impasse as training camp stretches on is only hurting Darnold and potentially the franchise in the long term. Sidney Crosby has faced the Washington Capitals three times in the playoffs. All three times the Pittsburgh captain has led his team to victory. And all three times the Penguins used the win as the springboard to a raucous mid-June parade with the Stanley Cup in tow.

Still, Crosby sounded like a cautious investor on Tuesday when asked if Pittsburgh has a mental advantage over rival Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals heading into yet another postseason showdown in the Eastern Conference semifinals starting later this week.

Past performance, the two-time MVP stressed Vita Vea Youth Jersey , does not guarantee future results.

”I think it depends on what you do in the series and how you play,” Crosby said. ”I don’t think it plays a huge role. I guess to answer your question, no.”

A mantra Crosby’s teammates repeated over and over they prepared for yet another showdown in a rivalry that somehow manages to be both compelling and one-sided. Pittsburgh is 9-1 all-time in the postseason against Washington regardless of who is in the black-and-gold sweaters and who is in red, white and blue.

Not that Ovechkin is intimidated. The Capitals star said he “can’t wait” to get another shot at the Penguins after spearheading Washington’s first-round win over Columbus in six games. That’s fine by Pittsburgh, which has played Lucy to Washington’s Charlie Brown for more than a quarter century, dangling a potentially deep playoff run in front of the Capitals only to pull it back at the last minute.

The Penguins, however Brian O'Neill Youth Jersey , remain wary. Just because they always beat Washington doesn’t mean they’re going to always beat Washington. The teams split their four meetings during the regular season, with the Capitals wrapping up their third straight Metropolitan Division title with a 3-1 win in Pittsburgh on April Fool’s Day.

Of course, none of it matters once the puck drops in Game 1.

”It’s a new year,” Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang said. ”The series is going to play out differently. The game is going to be won differently. You don’t know how it is going to go. The only thing I know is it’s a good rivalry, two really good teams, two teams that have a lot of punch offensively. It’s going to be fun to be a part of.”

Particularly for Letang. He missed all of Pittsburgh’s run to a second straight Stanley Cup last spring while recovering from neck surgery, though he was able to make his way to the arena for Game 7 of the conference semifinals Will Hernandez Game Jersey , when Marc-Andre Fleury stopped all 29 shots he faced and the Penguins escaped with a 2-0 victory to finish a series in which both teams scored 20 goals and won on opposing ice at least twice.

Though there are a handful of new faces on both sides, the principals remain the same. Ovechkin and Crosby. Evgeni Malkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Letang and Braden Holtby. Two weeks of taut, tense hockey in the offing.

”I think it’s the same old dangerous team,” Letang said. ”Like, don’t get me wrong, those series went the distance, they went to overtime. It was a tough matchup that could have gone either way. They cause the same problems to our team. They cause problems on the power play. They have a lot of skill. They make a lot of plays.”

Yet the Penguins have always found a way to make at least one more Kolton Miller Raiders Jersey , though they may be at less than 100 percent when things get going. Malkin and forward Carl Hagelin both missed practice on Tuesday. Malkin is dealing with a lower-body injury while Hagelin has an upper-body issue after colliding with Philadelphia’s Claude Giroux in Pittsburgh’s clinching victory over the Flyers in Game 6.

That could provide more playing time for players like Riley Sheahan – who filled in capably on the second line for Malkin in Game 6 – and rookie Zach Aston-Reese. The 23-year-old was in high school the first time Crosby and Ovechkin met in the playoffs in 2009 – when the Penguins blitzed the Capitals in Game 7 of the conference semifinals on their way to the Cup.

This time, Aston-Reese’s view will be markedly different. He noticed an uptick in intensity from the regular season when the Penguins fended off the Flyers. Now, the dial goes up to 11 and stays there.

”I expect every game to be almost like a Game 7,” Aston-Reese said.

That’s because it almost always is.

More NHL hockey: .

Share: